Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I know it's a bit early, but after the awesome teaser's now hit, how do we think How to Train Your Dragon 2 do? Make a run for 30m maybe?

Tricky, I don't know if HTTYD is as popular as Dm but I think it will have a good increase.

The World's end with a pathetic $3.3m opening. I'm sorry, but I'm blaming the weather on all these incredibly low grosses. This year, the UK BO has been on fire, but July will probably be the weakest in many years. People just haven't gone to the cinema.

The World's end with a pathetic $3.3m opening. I'm sorry, but I'm blaming the weather on all these incredibly low grosses. This year, the UK BO has been on fire, but July will probably be the weakest in many years. People just haven't gone to the cinema.

Wow that is low.. Hot Fuzz was about £6m wasn't it?

Was it number 1 with that number?

Everyone knows it is the most terribly bad Animation movie in recent time

So? Tell me how many non sequels made recently 420 million OS... I have not seen the movie so I can not talk about the quality, but the number it did impresses me. And according BOM numbers, legs were very good in many countries...

Screendaily

Holding off competition from both the sun and The World’s End, Monsters University has retained top spot at the UK box office for a second consecutive week. Disney’s animated sequel grossed $4.3m (£2.79m), recording the highest site average of the top 20 at $8,044 (£5,246). The latest feature from Pixar Animation Studios has now taken $13.2m (£8.63m) in the UK.

Monsters University will be hoping for a boost from the school holidays as it aims to track down previous Pixar results in the UK. First in its path: Cars 2 and Cars at $23.95m (£15.6m) and $25.2m (£16.45m), respectively. Monsters Inc’s mighty $58.1m (£37.9m) UK haul may be more difficult to match.

The much-anticipated closer to Edgar Wright’s Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, The World’s End, got off to a solid, if unspectacular, start in the UK, having to settle for second place in the process. At an average of $6,128 (£3,997), the sci-fi comedy grossed $3.2m (£2.11m) and arguably suffered as a result of the continued heatwave in the UK.

Showing no sign of slowing down despite the weather though was Despicable Me 2, despite falling from second to third. Falling only 18% in its fourth weekend, the animated sequel added $2.8m (£1.8m) through Universal to cross the £30m mark and stand at a formidable $46.4m (£30.26m). It is only the third film this year to achieve the £30m feat, following Les Misérables and Iron Man 3.

Continuing its excellent UK run, eOne’s Now You See Me dropped just 16% in its third weekend, conjuring up a further $1.4m (£922,669). The heist thriller has replicated its domestic success and has currently grossed $11.1m (£7.2m) in the UK, a result that’s made all the more impressive given both the crowded marketplace and the hot weather.

The Internship has now laughed its way to $4.4m (£2.8m) in the UK through Fox, grossing $348,000 (£226,680) as it fell to seventh.

• Like 1

Screendaily

Holding off competition from both the sun and The World’s End, Monsters University has retained top spot at the UK box office for a second consecutive week. Disney’s animated sequel grossed $4.3m (£2.79m), recording the highest site average of the top 20 at $8,044 (£5,246). The latest feature from Pixar Animation Studios has now taken $13.2m (£8.63m) in the UK.

Monsters University will be hoping for a boost from the school holidays as it aims to track down previous Pixar results in the UK. First in its path: Cars 2 and Cars at $23.95m (£15.6m) and $25.2m (£16.45m), respectively. Monsters Inc’s mighty $58.1m (£37.9m) UK haul may be more difficult to match.

The much-anticipated closer to Edgar Wright’s Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, The World’s End, got off to a solid, if unspectacular, start in the UK, having to settle for second place in the process. At an average of $6,128 (£3,997), the sci-fi comedy grossed $3.2m (£2.11m) and arguably suffered as a result of the continued heatwave in the UK.

Showing no sign of slowing down despite the weather though was Despicable Me 2, despite falling from second to third. Falling only 18% in its fourth weekend, the animated sequel added $2.8m (£1.8m) through Universal to cross the £30m mark and stand at a formidable $46.4m (£30.26m). It is only the third film this year to achieve the £30m feat, following Les Misérables and Iron Man 3.

Continuing its excellent UK run, eOne’s Now You See Me dropped just 16% in its third weekend, conjuring up a further $1.4m (£922,669). The heist thriller has replicated its domestic success and has currently grossed $11.1m (£7.2m) in the UK, a result that’s made all the more impressive given both the crowded marketplace and the hot weather.

The Internship has now laughed its way to $4.4m (£2.8m) in the UK through Fox, grossing $348,000 (£226,680) as it fell to seventh.

MoS did'ent cross 30 mill £??

Looks like I wasn't the only one disappointed by the trailers for The World's End then. I don't actually know of anybody that's gone to see it yet. Even so, including the weather and everything, that's downright fucking pathetic!

Maybe July wasn't the best time to release it, it would have thrived in August or October, Good drop for Monsters University, I imagine it'll have another soft drop this weekend, it'll be interesting how The Wolverine does, I'm thinking £4-5m four days. Man of Steel must be close to £30m, it was £29.2m last week.

DM2 will comfortably pass $50m this week. With the start of holidays now, it could make a run for $60m, which is very, very impressive.

Monsters University, I really don't know. It could just hold well throughout the summer, and end up doing over $30m, but most here were expecting this to be the biggest film of the summer, possibly even the year. Like in the US, kids seems way more interested in DM2.

X-men on Thursday. Probably depends on the weather over the weekend again, but £4-5m sounds about right.

• Like 1

Just watched Monsters University and it was packed. Now that holidays are in full swing, hopefully it can pick up the business a bit. Everyone loved it, so it should have a long run throughout the summer, especially when it cools down a bit.

I wonder how high DM2 can go. As it stands I don't see it missing out on $60m. Might beat Les Mis for number one of the year if it plays well during the holidays. Smurfs 2 might hinder it and MU though, unfortunately.