Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

No holiday so I guess that's solid. Weekend should be much bigger. £6m-7m opening still looks likely as Friday-Sunday will be at least £4.5-5m. Not as high as Thor 2, but that opened during the half term holiday.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

No holiday so I guess that's solid. Weekend should be much bigger. £6m-7m opening still looks likely as Friday-Sunday will be at least £4.5-5m. Not as high as Thor 2, but that opened during the half term holiday.

Considering Cap was no Thor first time around, I doubt Disney are unhappy about being a fraction behind.

its 100x better than thor 2 which I disliked big time. So no comparison. But thor 2 will beat CA2 in europe for sure. But CA2 should beat it elsewhere so I expect CA2 to finish higher than Thor 2 dom/os/ww.

I personally liked Thor 2 a lot...but CA2 blew it out of the water, succeeding where MOS failed : restoring the true sense of heroism and making CA a glorious hero to root for.  Succeeding where IM2 failed : linking perfectly all the previous events to the next showdown .  All this while retaining its own tone, its own identity with a perfectly set and greatly layered complex story with lots of easter eggs and ramifications.  

It is truly a game changer, my number CBM movie as of today and has upped the standard tremendously.  

I hope Wheddon is reading this and will take the challenge restoring THIS type of CA in TA sequel.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2