Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Also, Battleship made £920k on OD...The Avenger's should be able to at the very least double that. No way it only does £1.3m.Pre-sales have picked up massively today. IMAX is basically sold out, 2D tomorrow evening and Friday is very busy. I imagine there will be quite a lot of walk-up business too leading to a lot of full capacity shows tomorrow.

Edited by Heretic

Oh.. I must not have remembered because it was so utterly SHIT. :lol:

I read IM2 made £10m for the 5 day opening because it was a bank holiday. Seeing as it has been significantly bigger in all countries so far than the other avenger movies, I'd expect minimum £10m for the 4 day instead.

Besides Potter/Twilight/Bond/Pirates/Bat, not many films have reached that mark. The Inbetweeners did over £13m.The pre-sales I've seen for this however are very much like those for Twilight/Pirates etc...

Edited by Heretic

Avengers was very good, I'm expecting a £10-11m four days weekend which would make it the top grossing Marvel film and with little competition should hit £30m total.Dark Shadows should do okay but it's not a title that screams hit. I think Men in Black 3 will be the next big hit although I don't expect it do more than £5-6m OW at best it faces Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman the week after.

Edited by Jonwo

50 mil $ in UK out of reach? :(

Why do you say that?Given the success in Italy (not a SH land, to say the least) I expect big numbers from UK.Unless the bad economy (the country is back in recession after all) stop it :/ Edited by Fullbuster