6-Odeon Liverpool 1
7-CW Crawley 15
8-NAC Showcase Bluewater 12
9-Odeon ?Norwich 14
10-Imax SOuthbank
11-Vue Westfield Stratford 20
12-Empire Basildon 18
  • Like 3

Almost $30m. Went up even further. Just incredible.

Weekday business has looked so strong. Evening shows have been busy every day, today is no exception. My show at 7:30 on Monday was about 80% full.

Deserves every penny. Such a crowd-pleasing movie.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

Any news on how this has been holding up in the week here? Again, just going from office chat but a lot of people here are seeing this in the week - could this hit £30m before Friday?

And the ultimate question - can this get to $100m USD (about £63m at the moment)? Doesn't seem impossible right now.

Very unlikely it gets to £30m before Friday. Around £27m seems likely, and £35m-ish after Sunday. AoU was at £32.3m at the same point.

I think £60m is on the cards right now, but it depends how it holds up over the next few weekends, especially with Minions next weekend which will be absolutely HUGE. I see around £55m ($87m) right now. Still an amazing total.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Very unlikely it gets to £30m before Friday. Around £27m seems likely, and £35m-ish after Sunday. AoU was at £32.3m at the same point.

I think £60m is on the cards right now, but it depends how it holds up over the next few weekends, especially with Minions next weekend which will be absolutely HUGE. I see around £55m ($87m) right now. Still an amazing total.

Yep around 27  Thru Thu

• Like 4

It'll be top 3 for the year but obviously dependent on how Star Wars and Spectre do,

Minions I think will be big, it has a month before Inside Out debuts but the summer competition this year is tougher than what DM2 had so it may fall short of DM2's total.

Tom Linay ‏@TomLinay  23h

May cinema admissions were 12.7m, up 0.5% from May 2014. That's the sixth month in succession that has been up on the previous year.

Tom Linay ‏@TomLinay  23h

Year to date is 69.9m, which is up 7.3% from 2014. It probably doesn't need saying that June is already tracking way ahead of last year too.

• Like 3