Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

If it was over £2.5m, that's fantastic. That means at least $4m, and Thursday was a school day. And there's not much competition about. If it opens above $20m, I don't see it grossing below $50m. Maybe close to $60m with this insane WOM.

Edited by Heretic

If it was over £2.5m, that's fantastic. That means at least $4m, and Thursday was a school day. And there's not much competition about. If it opens above $20m, I don't see it grossing below $50m. Maybe close to $60m with this insane WOM.

$4m for a school day? In France it was $2.9m, and it's holidays.Promising :)

I'm not so sure. Ok, it's going to be a little bit front-loaded, but next week is basically another 4-day weekend; bank holiday. And bank holidays are BIG movie-going weekends. This'll soften up the drop.

Anything big opening next weekend?

Avengers 3rd biggest non-Friday opening day of all time!! Official total is £2,547,617. That's about $4.15m.

http://blogs.coventr...s-overseas.html

Fantastic opening day! My IMAX already added another showing near midnight tonight to keep up with demand. Friday should be even bigger than yesterday, and Saturday even bigger than Friday. Around $20m looks likely.

Revenge of the Sith made £13.4m off of a £3.5m Thursday, and OOTP made £16.5m off the same Thursday. The Avenger's could reach up to £13m ($21.2m) I think because it'll play more like a Potter film with families rushing out to see this on Saturday. Minimum it can do now is £11.5m ($18.7m).

Edited by Heretic

Didn't Inbetweeners do £2.2m on a Wednesday, Avengers is still doing fantastic considering it's not the holidays. I dread to think what The Dark Knight Rises will do when it's released in July, same with The Amazing Spider-Man which I think will have a strong five day opening.

$50m would most likely be assured. Could reach $60m with a 20m opening and absolutely insane wom, which it is getting. Also, May is exam period now in the UK, and everyone is revising. Some of my friends said they're going to see TA after exams are over, which could give it strong legs. Repeat viewings will also be popular I'm sure.

Avengers 3rd biggest non-Friday opening day of all time!! Official total is £2,547,617. That's about $4.15m.

http://blogs.coventr...s-overseas.html

Fantastic opening day! My IMAX already added another showing near midnight tonight to keep up with demand. Friday should be even bigger than yesterday, and Saturday even bigger than Friday. Around $20m looks likely.

Revenge of the Sith made £13.4m off of a £3.5m Thursday, and OOTP made £16.5m off the same Thursday. The Avenger's could reach up to £13m ($21.2m) I think because it'll play more like a Potter film with families rushing out to see this on Saturday. Minimum it can do now is £11.5m ($18.7m).

Great news, really great, thank you UK :)

And it's on a school day, unlike France ($2.9 million).$50m are easily attainable I think :)