Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Which IMAX are you going to?I'm so pissed off BFI aren't showing this. Fail on their part. They're still showing Wrath.

Crawley Cineworld IMAX for me. My girlfriend decided this is what she wanted to be her first IMAX experience.It wasn't going to happen, because it's a one week only thing in the US, it's only going to be in IMAX digital worldwide. Still, at least it's getting some IMAX, which is better than nothing.

Cineworld is already doing bookings for Prometheus, I think that should have a decent opening similar to Inception although it has one advantage in that there is two bank holidays due to the Diamond Jubilee.

Yeah, I saw some ODEON cinemas selling for Prometheus too. Unusually early. Only DH2 has had pre-sales over a month out that I can remember. It could have a pretty big opening I think. Maybe the surprise of summer.

Yeah, I saw some ODEON cinemas selling for Prometheus too. Unusually early. Only DH2 has had pre-sales over a month out that I can remember. It could have a pretty big opening I think. Maybe the surprise of summer.

DHII was exactly four weeks before it released. Eclipse and Breaking Dawn got around 6/8 weeks if I remember correctly. To be fair to Prometheus, 5 weeks out isn't exactly unusually early. Edited by Schumacher FTW

Cineworld is already doing bookings for Prometheus, I think that should have a decent opening similar to Inception although it has one advantage in that there is two bank holidays due to the Diamond Jubilee.

Same here in Denmark for prometheus

Shows are selling out everywhere tonight. Late night shows are really full as-well, much more so than yesterday. Should easily get above £3m today, which means at least $4.9m.

A increase over OD!?!!

OMFG. £14m possible?That would be nearly $23m!!! The 23:10 IMAX showing at my cinema is nearly sold out. Other IMAX's in London are the same. Swiss Cottage has a showing at 12:25am that's already half full and Greenwich at 23:50 is nearly sold out. That's insane.

£5m seems unlikely, if it can do £2-3m five days, that'll be a success given there hasn't been a film with the original cast in 9 years.If Avengers hits £14m, The Dark Knight Rises will probably do around the same if not slightly more, the previous film did £11m, impressive considering it came out a week later.I hope The Avengers will spur on Warner Bros to do more superhero films outside of Batman and Superman, there's still hasn't been a Wonder Woman film!

Maybe the American Pie popularity has died down, but the openings of the 3 movies have been impressive. The 5 day should be at least £3m I think.AP2 opened to £5.5m in 2001. That would probably = over £7m now.AP3 £4.2m in 2003.