Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Just now, VenomXXR said:

At this point I'd put it at 70%. It's definitely tracking towards $200 million, whether it gets there depends on the last little hold towards the end of January. $175 would be a lock. 

seems UK and US are on same trajectory then. US is 800 mil locked, shot at 1 bil. 

$200m would be unprecedented. Especially given the rubbish exchange rate at the moment. It would need to be at £135m to get there. 

I think it may just fall a little short of this. That being said, literally everyone I know is at the very least talking about Star Wars - including my 65 year old mother!

So presuming it's done about £6m today we should be looking at a cume of about £66 - 67m ($98 - $100m). This should be able to earn another £10 - £12 through the week, and the same again next weekend. Meaning it *could* be at £90m by the end of next weekend! Even if it suddenly starts dropping 50% each week thereafter, it would get to £110m ($163m) by the end of Feb.

If weekly drops avg 40% then we're looking at £120m ($178m).

Either way, we have a new all time in the pipeline folks. I honestly thought Skyfalls record would stand for quite some time (longer than 3 years anyway!). 

• Like 4

Today should be huge. Star Wars is looking rammed all day at my local, with a slight lull around 4pm/5pm. Should comfortably sell out all 2D shows. Daddy's Home and Snoopy both doing well respectively, Good Dinosaur looking quiet but only has one show, and In The Heart of the Sea is doing terribly on the smallest screen. 

11 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Only a 39% drop from Saturday and Sunday last week which is impressive. Will be interesting if it can beat Skyfall's third weekend record of £10.45m.

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

It will easily beat that. 

How can you be sure? According to Rth Saturday was £4-4.1m and The Dark Alfred said Sunday was around £6.4m. Since cinemas were closed on Friday, that makes a weekend of £10.4-10.5m, which is right in the range of Skyfall's record.

3 minutes ago, m3racer123 said:

How can you be sure? According to Rth Saturday was £4-4.1m and The Dark Alfred said Sunday was around £6.4m. Since cinemas were closed on Friday, that makes a weekend of £10.4-10.5m, which is right in the range of Skyfall's record.

I meant could TFA's third weekend beat Skyfall's third weekend and I think it'll be close. 

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I meant could TFA's third weekend beat Skyfall's third weekend and I think it'll be close. 

Yeah I think it will be close as well - my response was to Heretic who said TFA's 3rd weekend would "easily beat" Skyfall's 3rd weekend. Unless you count Monday as part of the weekend, it will be very close.

What are you talking about? TFA hasn't even had its third weekend yet. I'm saying when it does, it will easily beat the £10.45m that Skyfall made in its third weekend. We're not talking about this weekend just gone. 

Edited by Heretic