Eric Prime

Tuesday (8/14) Thread | Angry Birds 2.6M OD

1 hour ago, a2k said:

small number, big bump nevertheless. kitchen's demo does well over discount tuesday.

Movie Gross % Change Theaters Total Gross Days
- (9) The Kitchen $1,060,000 +83% 2,745   $7,165,814 5

Nice bumps for this and Dora.

Hoping Scary Stories gets a decent increase too, but it’s Monday hold was much better at just -54%. 

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I feel like we may start seeing 100%+ Tuesday bumps once we are post-Labor Day

On family and average quality movies, I'd count on it...it's the largest sign that the customer base is saying they'll still see movies, but only at certain prices...

Thing is, if the industry ever got rid of the Tuesdays, it might fall off a cliff, b/c I'm betting a huge percentage of these Tuesday folks would fall into the "okay, I'll wait for Redbox/Netflix" category and not the "I'll pay more" category...the industry needs to ramp subscriptions to a much higher level to ever wean off these showings...

Edited by TwoMisfits

3 hours ago, a2k said:

small number, big bump nevertheless. kitchen's demo does well over discount tuesday.

Movie Gross % Change Theaters Total Gross Days
- (9) The Kitchen $1,060,000 +83% 2,745   $7,165,814 5

Hooo boyo, this is not great for me in Survivor 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

(7) Spider-Man: Far From Home Sony Pictures $1,020,000 +37% 2,678 $381   $372,714,204 4

This will get painfully close to 400 million, but I don't think it will be close enough for Sony to push it there, unless they decide on a Labour Day expansion, as those generally add a little cash for the 2-3 week period after labour day as well...