RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

2 hours ago, Juliet said:

The marketing looks cheap which makes the movie look cheap. Like a CW show on film

The marketing does not show much confidence for the movie, that is for sure.

On 1/13/2024 at 3:21 AM, SpiderByte said:

Why does Sweeney have a chin strap? Its not even like a helmet design it's just a facemask

They probably felt they needed to add something to the comics design after removing the cool Venom style eyes. Chin strap ain't it tho. 

A pity they're doing Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman injustice because black suit Spidey and Venom were the ones to have basically stolen her look instead of the other way around

Edited by Spidey Freak

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

They probably felt they needed to add something to the comics design after removing the cool Venom style eyes. Chin strap ain't it tho. 

A pity they're doing Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman injustice because black suit Spidey and Venom were the ones to have basically stolen her look instead of the other way around

I've understood Spiderman with the black suit appeared on The Amazing Spider-Man #252 (May 1984), while Julia Carpenter appeared on Secret Wars #7 (November 1984).

So, it seems more likely Julia Carpenter Spider Woman's suit could be based on black suit Spidey, right? Is there a story I don't know?

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kon said:

I've understood Spiderman with the black suit appeared on The Amazing Spider-Man #252 (May 1984), while Julia Carpenter appeared on Secret Wars #7 (November 1984).

So, it seems more likely Julia Carpenter Spider Woman's suit could be based on black suit Spidey, right? Is there a story I don't know?

Both Julia Spider-Woman and Black Suit Spidey were designed by the same artist Mike Zeck. Zeck had initially designed Julia's costume but apparently then Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter suggested copying the design for a new suit for Spider-Man. 

7miIgv0.jpeg

Also, Venom's host was originally conceived to be a woman instead of Eddie Brock: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/09/venom-was-originally-a-woman-who-blamed-her-miscarriage-on-spider-man

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Both Julia Spider-Woman and Black Suit Spidey were designed by the same artist Mike Zeck. Zeck had initially designed Julia's costume but apparently then Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter suggested copying the design for a new suit for Spider-Man. 

7miIgv0.jpeg

Also, Venom's host was originally conceived to be a woman instead of Eddie Brock: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/09/venom-was-originally-a-woman-who-blamed-her-miscarriage-on-spider-man

That's pretty interesting. Thank you for the answer.

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

next marketing tactic. Try to get horny dudes to see the movie

"I think you're going to see it twice."

That's a really tall task considering that's 0x the amount I planned to see it.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Seeing how the whole point of making the film was to ride the coattails of the Spider-Man brand, I don't understand why marketing hasn't pushed the overt Spider-Man connections front and center.

I know it's not him, but I keep thinking the guy Dakota Johnson fights in the diner is just Miles Morales. Suit looks just like his. Could fool me into thinking he's in the movie.

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Seeing how the whole point of making the film was to ride the coattails of the Spider-Man brand, I don't understand why marketing hasn't pushed the overt Spider-Man connections front and center.

Maybe they will when tickets go on sale. 

On 1/12/2024 at 4:42 PM, movies!movies! said:

Please tell me this isn't the classic "Let's force the bad guy out a skyscraper window" and they're revealing the finale in a promo still?  Wouldn't surprise me...

Problem is nobody but the hard core Spidey fans care about these  really obscure charecters in the Spidey Verse.You have to make a r eally good movie to have a chance when you do that.

Venom did well becuase he has GA name recognition but Madame Web? Forget about it.

• Like 2