Eric Quinn

The Bad Guys | April 22, 2022 | Universal/Dreamworks | Based on the children's book series of the same name

Not sure how well this will do in China, but The Bad Guys (local title: 坏蛋联盟, or roughly Bad Eggs Alliance when re-translated super literally) has cleared censorship and is now awaiting a release date. Personally, I'm looking forward to this one… animation looks fun and colorful, should be an entertaining 90 minutes in a theater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, porginchina said:

Not sure how well this will do in China, but The Bad Guys (local title: 坏蛋联盟, or roughly Bad Eggs Alliance when re-translated super literally) has cleared censorship and is now awaiting a release date. Personally, I'm looking forward to this one… animation looks fun and colorful, should be an entertaining 90 minutes in a theater.

Bad Eggs Alliance would be a much better title :rofl:

• Like 1

I'm disappointed Dreamworks became a bit of a non-entity in recent years, even with global events. A lot of it isn't their fault, and other studios still handled their animated releases better.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I'm disappointed Dreamworks became a bit of a non-entity in recent years, even with global events. A lot of it isn't their fault, and other studios still handled their animated releases better.

Dreamworks used to be my favorite animated studio back in 2010-2014 and now  I barely have an idea of what they projects are.

They had some good movies that either flopped or disappointed box office wise.

While I don't really look forward for Bad Guys, it does seems like a funny movie and I hope it makes a good profit

Edited by Grebacio

I dunno, I like them better with their more innocuous business model they have now. They've sorta dropped the pretense of trying to appeal to adults with all their content and aren't an obnoxious marketing machine anymore (like, I don't think the "Dreamworks face" cliche applies now). Would like to see another elevated property like HTTYD come out of there at some point though.

Edited by AniNate

I can't say I'm super inordinately excited for The Bad Guys, but I am looking forward to it more than something like Boss Baby 2. It's nice to see another bigger Hollywood production breaking from the same cookie-cutter Pixar/WDAS animation design. While Bad Guys doesn't look quite as stylistically extreme as Into the Spider-Verse or Mitchells vs. The Machines, it still seems like a fun change of pace, at least visually.

If worse comes to worse, should still provide a solid 90 minutes of air conditioning, so…

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It's a pretty solid film, the plot is a little predictable but I think kids will really like it. The animation is great and a departure from the usual DWA style.

I also watched it yesterday and while It's not a masterpiece, it is really funny. I had such a good time with it, and was entertained from minute 1 till the credits. It had the right amount of ridiculousness without going over the top.

7.5/10, Mr Wolf is now one of my favorite DW characters.

Edited by Grebacio