TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

2 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

We'll see if people agree post-embargo but I've consistently heard the second half is rough and it's doing more setting up for later stuff than being its own movie.

Always appreciate your info, thanks! 

If they're saying the second half is rough simply because it's setting up other movies then I don't mind that to be honest. That just sounds like a typical MCU movie and besides, I'm a bit hungry for some bigger picture buildup anyway.

If it's rough just in terms of the craftsmanship (the writing, acting, whatever) then that's disappointing. 

• Like 5

This has to at least be better than Ant-Man 1 and 2. If not then that´s horrible.  Frankly Marvel taking yet a L is one too many. This was suppose to be the start of better times. Audiences won´t like this if they fail again. I´m all for setting up stuff but you need to first and foremost make a good movie that audiences like. Like they did in Phase 3.

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Verrows said:

If they're saying the second half is rough simply because it's setting up other movies then I don't mind that to be honest. That just sounds like a typical MCU movie and besides, I'm a bit hungry for some bigger picture buildup anyway.

If it's rough just in terms of the craftsmanship (the writing, acting, whatever) then that's disappointing. 

Yeah I think this would probably draw more criticism from critics than fans/GA. A lot of buzz for the movie is precisely around setting up other movies— that wouldn’t be an unfortunate surprise it’s delivering on expectations.

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

This has to at least be better than Ant-Man 1 and 2. If not then that´s horrible.  Frankly Marvel taking yet a L is one too many. This was suppose to be the start of better times. Audiences won´t like this if they fail again. I´m all for setting up stuff but you need to first and foremost make a good movie that audiences like. Like they did in Phase 3.

AM1 and AM&tW are bangers, so this could be the worst AM movie and also like the 3rd best multiverse saga movie, which would be more than good enough.

• Like 2

Wild of them to hype it up so much the last month when they know how big of mess Phase 4 was reception wise and then not deliver. We will see what the reviews are as reactions will somewhat inflated positive no matter what but I expected more from Marvel from this one after 2022. Does Kevin and the gang have the drive anymore ? Right now it feels like they´re empty. But hearing consistently that the second half is rough is a major warning sign

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Crowe said:

I'm a big fan of Siddhant and his work, so I'm happy he got a kick out of it.

is the first review sarcastic?

What?! You're telling me the Rick and Morty guy who wrote bad episodes like the fucking dragons and the one were they use a throwaway joke as a main twist because the writers were unable to write story and did his first script did a not great job? Shocker of the century.

Snark aside, reviews seem more in line with the rest of Phase 4 films not named Wakanda, NWH or Shang-Chi but the fans seem to dig it so it could even out. I'm glad Kang is cooking but since the first trailer, Quantumania didn't seem for me even though Ant Man and the Wasp is top ten MCU for me.

Edited by YM!