Eric the Minion

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

People here thought that MI7 would blow up. People here disbelieved those that saw Barbie’s and Super Mario’s obvious potential. So yeah, rule of thumb what the most "film twitter" side of BOT isn’t having a good run this year and it’s likely incorrect.

I don’t even think dune will outgross this. Just that it’ll be fine. The trailer is ok, no more no less.

1 minute ago, toutvabien said:

Still holding out hope Coogler may wanna do it. But maybe he should stay fresh and away so he can deliver a Black Panther 3.

Wakanda Forever is my favorite since the first Black Panther lol.

It’s just crazy how the MCU created a generation of insanely talented hardcore Marvel nerds at same time. I heard that Coogler is a rather massive X-Men fan. That nerdiest shit with Namor calling himself a mutant in Wakanda  Forever? His idea. I’m actually hoping for him to take over the X-Men eventually.

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

I don’t even think dune will outgross this. Just that it’ll be fine. The trailer is ok, no more no less.

Apparently Dune 2 is getting moved to 2024 so yeah, kinda pointless to wonder how they would go against each other. 

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If Dune moves to 2024 I could see this moving up a week.

It’s too late, imho. Since they now gave us a trailer even with a date, I find it very hard to move. I don’t think that happened with a MCU film before iirc.

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s too late, imho. Since they now gave us a trailer even with a date, I find it very hard to move. I don’t think that happened with a MCU film before iirc.

Infinity War moved up to April on relatively short notice at the start of March.

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I think that’s an exaggeration. Yeah, it underperformed at the box office. But I always remember what @kowhiteused to say about this and dude clearly knew his shit that films underperforming is actually expected by the studios, especially for those with insane budgets like MI7. Yes, home market isn’t really the same, but films rights are still sold to open tv worldwide the last time I checked, and this is where films like this eventually become profitable. Hell, depending on how hard you break it down, you could argue that a few other MI films were also flops, same for the Fast series, and they keep making those and more MI films.

I think an underwhelming performance for films like MI7 and Quantumania is the proper term, and I’d argue that even Dial of Destiny qualifies to that. The Flash and films like John Carter are the ones that I actually think deserves to be called bombs. They are the ones we know for sure we aren’t getting sequels for.

Dial of Destiny like Flash will just barely outdo it's budget. It's a flop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I truly don’t think so. I look at what Marvel Studios is doing at the box office while all the hyped BOT films bomb and I’m like, what the hell are you even talking about. MI7 isn’t even topping Ant-Man and Wasp: Quantumania, which is easily proven MCU’s smallest franchise, both literally and figuratively. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 is critically and publicly acclaimed, one of the biggest blockbusters of the year at the box office. It’s like all the smarts of this message board is gone, alternative facts flying left and right. It’s either Avengers: Endgame or bomb, which is just crazy and clearly not how the MCU has ever operated at the box office before.

Then why are you here? You complain every other day at this point about how this forum is terrible and how everybody thinks every Marvel movie is an epic bomb. If you don’t like this forum, you can go somewhere else. We aren’t the only place on the entire Internet where you can talk about Marvel. So why hang around a place you hate? Either way, this passive aggressive nonsense you’re doing, because people dare to have a different opinion than you over a kids movie you’re excited over, isn’t funny. So stop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 2

I am here for the girls and the trailer looks fun but I am still thinking a fall similar to Wakanda Forever as the first hit a zeitgeist that is hard to recapture, especially with competition in both Dune 2 and Hunger Games, something like 100/260/600 seems about right.

Edited by YM!

14 minutes ago, YM! said:

I am here for the girls and the trailer looks fun but I am still thinking a fall similar to Wakanda Forever as the first hit a zeitgeist that is hard to recapture, especially with competition in both Dune 2 and Hunger Games, something like 100/260/600 seems about right.

Brie Larson being alive probably helps retain more audience than that as well as CM1 not over performing to nearly as much.

52 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

It looks good to me. Not sure about BO as the trailer stats are pretty bad on YouTube but fairly decent on other platforms which makes it hard to tell. But I am excited.

They released the trailer when everyone from North America to South America to Europe was sleeping. I don't know to whom they were trying to show the trailer.

1 hour ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

It looks good to me. Not sure about BO as the trailer stats are pretty bad on YouTube but fairly decent on other platforms which makes it hard to tell. But I am excited.

It was posted at midnight, and it's been well established YouTube Views are not box office