Eric is Anxious

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

29 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Not when she's the leader of the Avengers. 

Well, considering they just buried all of the currently shot new Daredevil episodes, and will be trying again, apparently in a tone and concept way closer to the original Netflix series...

Yeah, Marvel will bury the character if box office and fanbase thoughts call for it.  I don't see that happening - but I do see her becoming a side Avengers character, and not in the core, if this movie does worse than I expect (I have not moved below my original $75-$85M open thoughts...yet...although critical reception may push me there if it's not good)...

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why does everyone keep saying this. There are no Avengers right now. Why does everyone assume Brie Larson is the lead of Kang Dynasty?

Because Kevin Fiege is a good hype man? You can overstate the importance of press tour statements but they obviously happened and had a big public impact. 

No avengers

In universe != audience understanding/expectations. Canonically, the last shot of Age of Ultron establishes a "current Avengers lineup" of Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, Vision, and Wanda but no one understood this to be the "real" Avengers lineup. 

If they wanted people to watch this they should have put characters people care about in it. Venom 2 beat Venom 1 DOM during COVID due to a 20-second post-credit scene. If they put someone who audiences care about more, like Spider-Man or Doctor Strange, even if just for a cameo, it would have at least cleared Quantumania DOM.

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, considering they just buried all of the currently shot new Daredevil episodes, and will be trying again, apparently in a tone and concept way closer to the original Netflix series...

Yeah, Marvel will bury the character if box office and fanbase thoughts call for it.  I don't see that happening - but I do see her becoming a side Avengers character, and not in the core, if this movie does worse than I expect (I have not moved below my original $75-$85M open thoughts...yet...although critical reception may push me there if it's not good)...

They would do that if Larson doesn't want it, not because of the box office. You people are also forgetting there's a muslim character as co-lead in this movie. 

• Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If this bomb like The Flash, there won't be Captain marvel 3 thats sure but she might already have contract with Marvel Studios for Avengers franchise; & if she is the lead or 2nd lead in that contract can they change that? Would Brie Larson allow that to happen? So untill they give clarity about Avengers movies nothing can be said for certain.

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

McKays run will likely not still be going in 2026/27. And she's not the only Captain.

QXOWFREI4EI6XPSKES4J6YLPFQ.jpg

McKays run is likely to continue for 3 years, and Kang Dynasty was originally supposed to release in 2025, but because of the JM case and writers strike, they changed the date. Also, we will know who is leading the Avengers way before that. Most likely next year or early 2025.

Moderation

@andersonhoran You probably didn't see this eariler, but we aren't using the current Israel-Palestine conflict as an excuse for an unrelated movie's potential box office. If you do this again, you will lead me with no other choice but to give you a threadban.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Wait……. WHAT???

5 minutes ago, Eric MacNeil said:

Moderation

@andersonhoran You probably didn't see this eariler, but we aren't using the current Israel-Palestine conflict as an excuse for an unrelated movie's potential box office. If you do this again, you will lead me with no other choice but to give you a threadban.

I mean, it's pretty obviously but ok. 

• Knock It Off 1

Moderation

I didn't want to have to do this, but @andersonhoran has been threadbanned for directly ignoring my posts and continuing to post grossly offensive rhetoric. As a reminder to everybody, when a staff member tells you to stop something, you stop with no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And if you really have a problem with a moderation warning for whatever reason, it's best if you talk to said mod privately.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Willowra said:

McKays run is likely to continue for 3 years, and Kang Dynasty was originally supposed to release in 2025, but because of the JM case and writers strike, they changed the date. Also, we will know who is leading the Avengers way before that. Most likely next year or early 2025.

The current run of comics do not determine what the movies will do. I don't know what exactly the team will be but I'm confident when the X-Men reboot comes Synch won't be the main lead.

1 hour ago, andersonhoran said:

They would do that if Larson doesn't want it, not because of the box office. You people are also forgetting there's a muslim character as co-lead in this movie. 

There's something potentially there though it seems like people should also be making this argument about Bill Mauer/Ricky Gervais style atheists who are in a worse version of this situation. 

Religious Groups' Ratings of Each Other

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2014/07/16/how-americans-feel-about-religious-groups/

Spoiler

Americans' Ratings of Religious Groups

Spoiler

PF_14.07.16_interreligiousRelations_poli

Edited by PlatnumRoyce