Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

59 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So the source saying this was an hour and a half got Ahsoka right but FNAF wrong. So it could go either way on whether he was right about this too

I saw more people saying it´s around 90 minutes as well so i think it´ll be around this 

I think he said the FNAF runtime was wrong because the studio was booking 3 hours for the test screening sessions, but apparently it wasn´t needed that much since it´s way smaller than that 

26 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Well, but what I mean is WHEN were the predictions made, 2 months before or like a week or two?  

A bit under 2 weeks before the episodes came out. But his movie runtimes are 95% of the time accurate and at most like 5-10min off.

Edited by Youngstar

100 min runtime would be a HUGE breath of fresh air in this bloated blockbuster post covid climate. This is the very first good news I’ve heard about this film for its success prospects if true. A brisk and snappy adventure could be exactly what this needs to be a WOM hit. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

what was his prediction for Ahsoka and when did he make it?

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

That Ahsoka predictions, specifically the ones about when the actual show ended and the credits began, were correct to the second.

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Well, but what I mean is WHEN were the predictions made, 2 months before or like a week or two?  

Hi, long time SW Leaks reader here.

There's a BIG difference between someone who has advance access (either having it or through contacts along the media production pipeline) to an actual finished episode and someone who is getting info about an as yet not-picture locked product.

I don't doubt the initial person who was responsible for all of this has legit sources.  I personally presume knowing people in the translations departments or someone with access to file data. Could even be multiple sources including the actual leaker themselves.  But there is a big big difference between that and what was going down with FNAF.

One of the problems with some leakers, IMO, is that they aren't as rigorous with their reporting as they should be.  That seems to be the case here. Also doesn't help when mixing actual hard news with more soft reporting but not drawing a distinction between the two. 

(As for Ahsoka runtimes, the info usually comes in a few days before.  Sometimes a week or so before, but that's usually at the start of a season — presumably thanks to review copies going out)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

The 100 min runtime is whatever. The trailers are what are dooming this. What's worse is it looks like there was no communication between the Secret Invasion team and The Marvels team. Fury sounds like a different person

I mean, I'm fine with them pretending that Secret Invasion never happened. So...

Edited by JWR
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Essentially decanonizing Secret Invasion and pretending it never happened is probably the right decision.

Looks like they're doing the same with Eternals too lol.

I don't see how they're doing...either of those things? Especially since Cap 4 directly involves Tiamut by all reports.

So it sounds like Flower Moon gets it for Dunes old date, and then Hunger Games gets it after Marvels exclusivity ends

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see how they're doing...either of those things? Especially since Cap 4 directly involves Tiamut by all reports.

So it sounds like Flower Moon gets it for Dunes old date, and then Hunger Games gets it after Marvels exclusivity ends

If the Taylor Swift tour never happened I think they would have moved it a week up, but now that it's there they'll probably stay put.

39 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

If the Taylor Swift tour never happened I think they would have moved it a week up, but now that it's there they'll probably stay put.

I think it wasn't going to either way. If they were gonna do that they'd have done it immediately, since it's a relatively short notice change, before Eras was even announced to exist.

15 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Essentially decanonizing Secret Invasion and pretending it never happened is probably the right decision.

Looks like they're doing the same with Eternals too lol.

Nah. Would be good with secret invasion but bad(+they aren’t) with eternals

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

The 100 min runtime is whatever. The trailers are what are dooming this. What's worse is it looks like there was no communication between the Secret Invasion team and The Marvels team. Fury sounds like a different person

I don't really see how it's that contradictory. Did you expect this to have the same tone as Secret Invasion for some reason?