Eric Lasagna

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Should have let social reactions out early to build the hype. 

I think a big punch of reactions, reviews and fan screenings all during the week of release could help the buzz to explode.

But i don't think it's needed, i agreed at least reactions they should allow by the next days.

5 minutes ago, SliverS said:

DC don't  have strong hyped in China tbh.400M-600M RMB is my expectation for The Batman 

As long as it's well received I'm fine. Joker (8.7), Snyder Cut (8.1) and The Suicide Squad (8.0) have all great audience scores there, according to Douban. They would have made a great BO.

• Like 1

Just now, Notthereverseflash24 said:

Mostly had to do with the humour imo, didn't translate well to other languages.

And the lack of action. It has pretty bad audience scores in all sites.

Both just aren't the type of movie chinese audience like and that's ok because people have different taste.

Just now, belblazer said:

As long as it's well received I'm fine. Joker (8.7), Snyder Cut (8.1) and The Suicide Squad (8.0) have all great audience scores there, according to Douban. They would have made a great BO.

Its not  about quality of film.DC is not a big brand in China.Aquaman is exceptional.Other dc films haven't cross over 600m rmb.400-600m is reasonable prediction right now.The Batman isn't  hyped as doctor strange/NWH.The Batman only has 10k want to see on Maoyan.NWH has 500k.Doctor Strange has 33k.Maybe The Batman will get more hype in a  month.it's  the first superhero to get a  release for a  while.Right now,it doesn't have strong hype in China.BvS and JL toxic wom really  hurt a lot 

Saw a tweet that it's starting screening for critics tonight.  WB evidently have a strategy in place, they want the last two weeks to bombard the media with reviews and reactions. I'm not worried about the reviews, everyone has said it's a good movie

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

WB was definitely not confident about BvS. Despite movie having ginormous hype being 1st movie with Bats and Supes together, last month was absolutely toxic and they delayed premier till very late in the game. Despite that it did 27m in previews but crashed after OD BO. 

Knowing Reeves work I am fairly confident this wont be another BvS. So WB needs to get reactions out at the earliest. 

• Like 2