Eric S'ennui

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, PenguinXXR said:

He may be a POS but he didn’t do anything illegal from what recall. A lot of the accusations against him also ended up being exaggerated or fabricated.

He was fired from ScreenJunkies pending an investigation, and post the investigation he was not brought back. That doesn't scream exaggerated or fabricated to me.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

He was fired from ScreenJunkies pending an investigation, and post the investigation he was not brought back. That doesn't scream exaggerated or fabricated to me.

Yea, because he did do things and was a POS like I said. He just wasn’t a criminal.

I guess we’re doing this again. I’m used to this song and dance at this point, but it sure would’ve been nice to avoid it for this one. 

is he even a good source?

That’s what I was asking. I thought he was effectively blackballed after his ousting from Screen Junkies. 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This doesn't make much sense, literally every insider said the movie only got raves and WB is clearly hella confident so things matched. 

The way he wrote looks way more like something to get some clicks, especially the "are you nervous guys?"

Ya people like him and Grace do this kind of stuff for the engagement it gets them on Twitter that leads people to their accounts hoping they’ll get clicks on their sites/videos. I’m sure he spoke to someone or people who may have been mixed on the movie but there’s a reason people like him and grace are hated and it’s for this kind of posting. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, grim22 said:

Would be most effective having the social embargo on the 21st, its a Monday after a long weekend and people are looking for the next big thing. Follow that with a review embargo on the 28th or 1st for the final push.

That's one part of my recommendation done

Now for the social embargo date. Hopefully in the 21-24 window.

The more I think about it, the more I think Batman Begins is the appropriate comp for this (historically). It had an opening weekend of $48.8M. Now of course, this isn't a "true" OW because it opened on a Wednesday and pulled just under $73M in 5 days. So lets split the difference and say it's true OW would be roughly $60M. 

$60M when Batman Begins was released would have been the 28th all-time domestic opening. Today, 28th would be ~$144M. Seems like the perfect target to me.  

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's one part of my recommendation done

Now for the social embargo date. Hopefully in the 21-24 window.

I thought there was a chance it could be earlier but I'm kinda glad this is the case. It's been hard enough to avoid spoilers as is, and some of these critics have this bad tendency of basically narrating the whole movie scene by scene in their reviews. For a detective movie like this it'd especially suck to have the whole plot out weeks before. 

Do hope social media reactions lift sooner. I talked to someone that went to the screening yesterday and they said they expected WB would lift some sort of embargo in about a week but no confirmation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 21C said:

I thought there was a chance it could be earlier but I'm kinda glad this is the case. It's been hard enough to avoid spoilers as is, and some of these critics have this bad tendency of basically narrating the whole movie scene by scene in their reviews. For a detective movie like this it'd especially suck to have the whole plot out weeks before. 

Do hope social media reactions lift sooner. I talked to someone that went to the screening yesterday and they said they expected WB would lift some sort of embargo in about a week but no confirmation.

Post the 21st is perfect tbh. It's coming off a long weekend and people will need another "milestone" to look forward to. Give them that with the release of the movie. It's about feeding the consumer based on psychology.

7 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Why the difference in social embargo and in the publications?

Like if critics start to shit on it on twitters its gonna spread as much as if it first published in an article

Wonder Woman 84 had great social media reactions but ended up being panned. Same some Disney movies.

There you have an example. The biggest critics always come later, and it's better not to trust too much some bloggers who are always easy to convince (they are always the first to be invited).

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Why the difference in social embargo and in the publications?

Like if critics start to shit on it on twitters its gonna spread as much as if it first published in an article

Generally how I read it:

Social media embargo:  General impressions and light thoughts, but not detailed reviews/discussion.

Review media embargo: Reviews and detailed thoughts, which can (and often does) include explicit plot details.