Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 hours ago, Melosh said:

Although narratively speaking it’s not as tight,it’s in the visuals and overall atmosphere that sets this Batman apart plus it has perhaps the most believable take on the caped crusader.Easily my favorite live action Batman.

Visuals and overall atmosphere. Exactly!

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 12:51 PM, Brainbug said:

Am i the only one who still really likes this movie lol? 😄

The highs are really high, which makes the lows all the more frustrating. I hope for the next film Reeves doesn’t feel the need to throw everything at the wall. 

• Like 1

This is the first time Gotham as a city really felt like a genuine character. The mood, atmosphere, and visuals were superb.

Hot take but not so much outside the forums: In terms of performance (not writing), the way Anne Hathaway played Selina Kyle is my favorite so far. She was seductive, manipulative, and unpredictable but she still projected a sense of goodness somehow. Pfeiffer was great, but I'm not a fan of the fantasy aspect of the film (she was the best thing about the film, though). 

Kravitz was also great - I understand the revenge storyline seemed really forced for some but I liked it a lot. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Pfeiffer was great, but I'm not a fan of the fantasy aspect of the film (she was the best thing about the film, though). 

I really like that film and I wholeheartedly agree about her being the best thing about it. 

59 minutes ago, Noctis said:

This is the first time Gotham as a city really felt like a genuine character. The mood, atmosphere, and visuals were superb.

Burton 1989 Gotham is easily the best, cmon now. One of the few films that legit feels like another world/ 

59 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Hot take but not so much outside the forums: In terms of performance (not writing), the way Anne Hathaway played Selina Kyle is my favorite so far. She was seductive, manipulative, and unpredictable but she still projected a sense of goodness somehow. Pfeiffer was great, but I'm not a fan of the fantasy aspect of the film (she was the best thing about the film, though). 

Kravitz was also great - I understand the revenge storyline seemed really forced for some but I liked it a lot. 

Hatheways Selina was perfectly written and acted. No doubt she was great. 

Batman Returns was fun, and Pffiefer was great as Catwoman..she had all the really good lines...but I don;t like what they did with the Penguin. Burton let his fondness for the grostesque run away with him.

Frankly, I would list the first Keaton Batman and all 3 Nolan films and the most recent as being better, despite all the flaws in The Dark Knight Rises.

Edited by dudalb

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Batman Returns was fun, and Pffiefer was great as Catwoman..she had all the really good lines...but I don;t like what they did with the Penguin. Burton let his fondness for the grostesque run away with him.

Frankly, I would list the first Keaton Batman and all 3 Nolan films and the most recent as being better, despite all the flaws in The Dark Knight Rises.

Pretty sure you meant to post this in the Flash thread. 

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Thought this was interesting. I wasn't in love with the film but there's no denying it looked great.

Roger Deakins says The Batman had the best cinematography of the year: https://deadline.com/2023/03/roger-deakins-oscars-best-cinematography-not-nominated-breaking-baz-1235286295/

Deakins spoke pretty highly of Fraser's work on his podcast a few months ago too.

Probably one of the best honours any cinematographer today can get. 

I really though Cinematography nomination was pretty much a lock, and I wrote as much in this thread back in March last year, even though I didn't really like the movie.

Makes me wonder if Deakins recommended Fraser to Villeneuve for Dune

• Like 1