Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Just now, Dominic Draper said:

I'm still amazed at how bullish people were about this doing well at the BO.

Looking forward to the cycle contuing and people over hyping and being bullish about Gunn's Superman only for it to make between Superman Returns and Man of Steel. And then people saying, well clearly, this is Snyders fault. He is like the Boogeyman.😂

Cool man

35 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Maoyan Forecast - ¥202M ($28.3M) largely because it will die on Dragon Boat Festival

For OW Forecast - ¥96.3M ($13.5M)

Reviews are largely positive - 

Screenshot-2023-0616-001330.jpg

9.4 Maoyan

Screenshot-2023-0616-001442.jpg

9.6 Taopiaopiao 

Aren't these scores excellent? Or just very good?

2 hours ago, JWR said:

Because a lot of the woes plaguing WB, and the DC brand specifically, can be traced back to WB making him the architect of the DCEU.

I’ve said this before, but again, WW and AM managed to be breakout hits, and even the first Suicide Squad did really well, despite awful reviews, and having immediately followed BvS. 

Snyder left back in 2017. He had nothing to do with the creative decisions made during Walter Hamada’s tenure. You can’t keep using him as a convenient scapegoat. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve said this before, but again, WW and AM managed to be breakout hits, and even the first Suicide Squad did really well, despite awful reviews, and having immediately followed BvS. 

Snyder left back in 2017. He had nothing to do with the creative decisions made during Walter Hamada’s tenure. You can’t keep using him as a convenient scapegoat. 

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are exceptions, not the norm. The former had favorable and strong word of mouth, while the latter was a big dumb fun adventure movie had the advantage of coming out during Christmas. Everything else post Justice League has been the studio trying to salvage what's left of the DCEU.

You are correct that the previous regime at WB bears most of the responsibility, but Snyder is not a blameless, nor is he a convenient scapegoat. He drove the train off the tracks, but WB put him in the driver's seat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnorFilm said:

Score probably isn't going to change much now with 200 reviews on RT. It's been bouncing between 68 and 70% over the last 24 hours. I still find it hilarious that the studio touted this as the greatest superhero film in years and it ends up getting reviews similar to Aquaman/The Incredible Hulk/The Wolverine/Iron Man 2. Lol.

Joker has a worse score and literally by every other metric (audience reactions, legs, box office, awards season) is one of the better comic movies ever.  RT doesn't always tell the whole story. 

5 minutes ago, JWR said:

You are correct that the previous regime at WB bears most of the responsibility, but Snyder is not a blameless, nor is he a convenient scapegoat. He drove the train off the tracks, but WB put him in the driver's seat. 

It's still unfair to him. WB back then meddled with his and Ayer's projects.  ZSJL was very well received.  

When WB steps out of the way like with James Wan, Todd Phillips and Matt Reeves the movies print money.  

The lesson here is let the directors create their vision. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JWR said:

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are exceptions, not the norm. The former had favorable and strong word of mouth, while the latter was a big dumb fun adventure movie had the advantage of coming out during Christmas. Everything else post Justice League has been the studio trying to salvage what's left of the DCEU.

There’s no evidence that BvS had any lingering effect on the public perception of DC as a brand. It doesn’t seem to have hurt Batman’s popularity. Hell, Black Adam saw a noticeable boost in pre-sales in its final week based solely off the news that Henry Cavill was in it. It still flopped, but it made more at the box office than it had any right to. 

In any case, the DCEU is officially dead, so   I can only hope people won’t continue to blame Snyder if (remember, I said if) Superman: Legacy makes less than GotG. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Joker has a worse score and literally by every other metric (audience reactions, legs, box office, awards season) is one of the better comic movies ever.  RT doesn't always tell the whole story. 

high quality GIF

The Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman aren’t among my favorite films of the genre but I think they are far superior than Joker. What was acclaimed on Joker isn’t the film itself, but Phoenix’s performance as Joker, which is very different than saying that one is lauded as one of the best films of the genre ever. Sure, I think that Phoenix earned the Oscar for best actor, but "better comic movies ever"? Ehh. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

In any case, the DCEU is officially dead, so   I can only hope people won’t continue to blame Snyder if (remember, I said if) Superman: Legacy makes less than GotG. 

That's going to happen because it's an origin movie.  (I know he said it isn't an origin but it sounds like it'll be close)  vs. the 3rd part of a much beloved trilogy. 

WBD should be viewing the new Superman through the Batman Begins lens.  A good movie that sets the table for the rest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

The Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman aren’t among my favorite films of the genre but I think they are far superior than Joker. What was acclaimed on Joker isn’t the film itself, but Phoenix’s performance as Joker

That's simply untrue.  The movie was nominated for 11 Oscars and had nominations at the SAGs,  Producers guild and Directors guild and also won the Golden Lion.  

That's just facts.  It also had crazy legs, crazy WOM, made over a billion,  has a great score on IMDB or whatever other audience reaction metrics you want to use etc.. 

I understand you said "your opinion" but I'm not taking opinions.  I'm dealing in facts. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

As long as either DC, Marvel or fans of the superhero genre in general keep making the box office runs a pissing contest, people will keep getting disappointed showing they have learned absolutely nothing from the last years. 

Superman Legacy will be doing one hell of heavy lifting. It isn’t simply a Superman reboot, it’s the de facto reboot of the DCU, despite Blue Beetle being already part of that world. It doesn’t need neither should be compared with GotG. The metric that Superman Legacy should be judged is if it’s able to successfully reboot Superman and kickstarting giving the tone and aesthetic of the new DC Universe. It shouldn’t have people overhyping claiming is getting $1B WW easy and how much it’s making more than x Marvel Studios property.

Superman Legacy isn’t competing with The Batman, let alone Marvel Studios films. The less crazy predictions, the less expectations of "crushing Marvel" and whatever, the better. First and foremost goal is just to present this new take of Superman and the DC Universe successfully. It doesn’t need to be the biggest film of the year, neither beat Marvel Studios joints. It needs to be good. And I’m confident so far that it will be.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Because DC fanboys and undercover MCU fanboys can't let it go.  I think we'd hear less from the MCU boys if Ant-Man wasn't a disaster and all the recent shows weren't disasters.  They need something to feel good about and DC fanboys also need something to feel good about. 

No recent mcu show has been a disaster. And the latest mcu movie isnt ant man, its gotg and its the second highest grossing movie of the year.

I doubt any dc movie this year makes it to the top 5

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

That's going to happen because it's an origin movie.  (I know he said it isn't an origin but it sounds like it'll be close)  vs. the 3rd part of a much beloved trilogy. 

WBD should be viewing the new Superman through the Batman Begins lens.  A good movie that sets the table for the rest. 

Gunn has confirmed that it won't be an origin story.

Every time a DC movie does poorly (especially recently) people always play the blame game. “It’s because of Snyder, it’s because of the MCU and its fanboys, the critics are biased, etc.”

Maybe the movies just…aren’t very good or appealing to anyone who isn’t a massive DC fan? Obviously Snyder did nearly irreparable damage (people still make Martha jokes) but they’ve had success with movies like Wonder Woman and Aquaman. WB is just unable to replicate that for whatever reason.

• Like 3