Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

You're disagreeing with me but you're not posting any factual information other than it got around 64% of whatever it was on RT.  Many of those critics from the U.S. took some sort of political stance.  It went far above those numbers from overseas critics who don't care about U.S. politics.  

Box office indicates are huge, popular movie.  WOM and legs were great. Audience scores were great. And yes, it was nominated for 11 Oscars combined with countless other nominations at other awards shows.  And also won the Golden Lion. 

If you show me more comic book movies that have all of those accolades then maybe it's more of a discussion.  

It isn’t a good film. Critics evaluated and give their opinions. I don’t care about how many accolades the film got. The very fact that you are the type of person that will say "critics from the US took some sort of political stance" shows clearly that we are never ‘debating’ this because I disagree vehemently with people that create conspiracy theories about political motivations to come for their films. It’s just not how I roll. I like my share of bad films that got trashed by the critics. I find the idea that there is a ‘political stance’ taken by film critics to dislike a film hilariously equivocated. Several bad films are awarded ‘accolades’, that doesn’t make them ‘objectively’ the best there are. Not debating you my dude, let’s agree to disagree.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

It isn’t a good film. Critics evaluated and give their opinions. I don’t care about how many accolades the film got. The very fact that you are the type of person that will say "critics from the US took some sort of political stance" shows clearly that we are never ‘debating’ this because I disagree vehemently with people that create conspiracy theories about political motivations to come for their films. It’s just not how I roll. I like my share of bad films that got trashed by the critics. I find the idea that there is a ‘political stance’ taken by film critics to dislike a film hilariously equivocated. Several bad films are awarded ‘accolades’, that doesn’t make them ‘objectively’ the best there are. Not debating you my dude, let’s agree to disagree.

Well, you are very wrong, man. It's not a conspiracy theory that US critics reception of Joker differs significantly from foreign critics. And it's crazy you accused people who didn't like No Way Home in "history revisionism" or something like that in a different thread and yet you do exactly that here by pretending that your personal opinion represents general consensus. I assure you it doesn't, by any available data and numbers Joker is very well received by audiences as a movie itself and not just Joaquin's pefomance, there's no bad movie with glowing central perfomance that got reception like this, not even close, nobody gives out 10/10 just for one perfomance. We actually have an example of poorly made movie with a glowing central perfomance in Venom and it still got pretty poor reception despite all the praise for Hardy. And just because some movie is trashed by critics doesn't authomatically mean it's bad, it's crazy to even assume that.

But yeah, let's change the subject to The Flash, I said what I said.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Nah. That’s Wally West. 

One of my favorite Timmverse moments is where Lex Luthor body switched with Wally West, takes off the mask to see who the Flahs really is, and then goes, "I have no idea who this is".

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I got a feeling over the next 24 hours, this thread will become an interesting demonstration of the stages of grief.

Nobody should be grieving about it.  It will do what it does and it means nothing towards future DC projects.   James Gunn has a clean slate.  That's what they wanted and that's what DC fans should want.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Nobody should be grieving about it.  It will do what it does and it means nothing towards future DC projects.   James Gunn has a clean slate.  That's what they wanted and that's what DC fans should want.  

I agree, but you know some of the people here are going to take the film's underperforming (which seems almost inevitable at this point) very hard.