YM!

Y7 OSCARS: Pulling a Spark Homeward to fix this.

8 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

@Spaghetti I wish you the best of luck on your future writing endeavors! I support this decision and I'm sure you'll be able to write a lot of good stuff!

@Reddroast I think The Castaways sounds intriguing!

please tell me you aren't still watching eternal sunshine

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

the trailer is good, i felt like putting it immediately after spaghetti's heartfelt goodbye post just felt a tad uncouth

Admittedly it wasn’t the best move. I certainly didn’t mean tasteless. I’m sorry.

• Sad 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Admittedly it wasn’t the best move. I certainly didn’t mean tasteless. I’m sorry.

it's okay - i know you meant nothing wrong by it.  For future reference, it is kinda the thing you ease into a bit.

• Astonished 1

Jason Derulo walks on stage with a boisterous swagger, in a dazzling Maroon suit.

Jason: Now I know everyone is asking, what's the star from Cats doing here tonight? To talk about how important sound is to a film. As a "musician", I know the importance of proper sound mixing, also Endless paid me $500 to do something to mention Squirrel Girl 2 at the Oscars so there it is.

Attack on TItan

Green Lantern Corps: Home

Hypercomptency

Megalo Box

The Scavenger Wars Part III

and the winner is 

Spoiler

Megalo Box

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

We then cut to a skyscraper as we see Editor-Man (Jordan Peele) overlooking the city as we get a parody of the 60's Spider-Man theme.

Editorman, Editorman
Does whatever a editor can
Fixes sounds, any size
Catches pitches- just like flies
Look out! Here comes the Editorman

Is he strong? Listen, bud
He's got film grip blood
Can he swing, from a thread?
Take a look overhead (we see Editorman crashes when trying)
Hey, there! There goes the Editorman!

In the chill of night, at the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives, just in time!

Editorman, Editorman
Friendly neighborhood Editorman
Wealth and fame? He's ignored
Sound is his reward
Look out! Here comes the Editorman!

The nominees are...

Green Lantern Corps Home 

Hypercomptency 

The Long Way Home

Megalo Box

The Scavenger Wars Part III

and the winner is 

Spoiler

Hypercomptency

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

and now a special sneak peek of Endless' The Wild Thornberrys

Eliza (Karen Gillan) treks through the snow as Darwin (voiced by John Cleese) shivers, remarking they didn’t dress well enough. Eliza finds the compound, a large shack in the forest, with armed guards as Darwin asks for an idea to distract them. Diane (Pixie Davies) calms a lone wounded bear cub (EG Charles) as she holds a conversation with the cub as she helps care for his wounds as the cub wants to see his mama at the prison. Diane is compelled to help her mom, as Kipp (Trevor Jackson) makes a distraction as he barks outside, as Rohan (Kumail Nanjiani) and a reluctant Debbie (Mila Kunis) investigate. Diane, the cub and Kipp decide to sneak out, picking up a flare gun and her mom’s book. 

Back at the compound, Darwin distracts the guards by dancing as he lures them over to Eliza, who quickly knocks them out as the two sneak in. As they find the animals in cages, Eliza is surprised at Diane, the cub and Kipp suddenly arriving. Eliza tells them to go back, as Diane says she thought she needed her help and wanted to help the cub. Eliza sighs as she has Diane on lookout as she and Darwin will free the animals. 

As Eliza and Darwin begins the freeing process, Diane snoops around as she sees Bones (Michael Jai White), the deadly head of a worldwide poachers orginaztion, makes various sales through the dark net for animals as Diane spots the mother bear (Grey Griffin) in a cage as she creeps in and attempts to free the bear while Bones is distracted. As the mother sneaks out and reunites with her cub, Bones finds Diane, demanding she tells him where she came from. Kipp bites Bones but Bones tosses the dog aside as he scampers. 

Kipp gets Eliza and Darwin as they free the last animal as he tells them Diane was captured as Eliza naturally rushes towards the room and confronts Bones, who both recognizes each other from past exploits. Eliza demands Bones release Diane but he has her drop her whip which she complies. Bones prepares to grab a gun but Eliza kicks it out of his hand as she fights Bones as Diane rushes for the flare gun. Eliza beats Bones but is overwhelmed by the rest of his poachers. Thankfully, DIane tells him to back off as she points the flare at him but Bones is rather amused as Diane is struggling to hold the flare. Diane fires the flare prematurely, hitting a gas tank, causing it to explode. This causes an avalanche as the poachers flees and escapes. Eliza, Darwin, Kipp and Diane take a snowmobile and rush down the mountain as Bones chases them on another snowmobile. 

Bones manages to shoot the tracks as our heroes snowmobile soon falls next to Bones but are saved by the mother bear and her cub who hoists them on her back as they slide down a cliff, propelling our heroes in the air, but Debbie drives the bus, catching them mid-air, barely saving our heroes as the bear family makes it to safety. The bus becomes aquatic as they are sent down a river that’ll take them to Africa. Darwin ecstatically starts kissing the ground, happy to be saved by Debbie's bad driving as he soon faints when he realizes she's driving.

The Wild Thornberrys

11-8-Y8

• Like 3

"Take Flight" (Birdwing):

This is a description of the performance. It has a full orchestra backing it. Amber Grey and Matthew James Thomas sing the first part of the song normally, but then in the second half, Alli Stoker joins in on a newly arranged harmony that blends her reprise in the movie with the original song.

John Williams steps on the screen as the audience roars.

John: As we all know music helps elevate a film to new heights, whether it's light and bouncy or deep and menancing. Without further ado, here's the nominations for Best Original Score

Hans Zimmer for Attack on Titan
Patrick Doyle for Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy 

Cliff Martinez for Megalo Box
Nicholas Britell for Notorious
Max Richter for Laika

and the winner is...

Spoiler

Patrick Doyle for Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy

Taylor Swift and SZA walk on the stage with dazzling dresses.

Taylor: SZA, that is a nice dress by the way.

SZA: Thanks, you too Taylor I may have lost the tiebreaker but songs also help films, as they can inspire the audience, elicit moods and sell soundtracks.

Taylor: The nominations for Best Original Song are....

Black Queen from The Scavenger Wars Part III by Radiohead

Beyond the End from The Ends of The Universe by written and performed by Susanne Sundfør

Laika/Kurdyavka from Laika by Sufjan Stevens

See the World from Attack on Titan by Taylor Swift

Take Flight from Birdwing written by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater, performed by Amber Gray, Matthew James Thomas and Ali Stoker

and the winner is

Spoiler

Black Queen from Radiohead

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Disbelief 1

Wait what the hell? Where are the Oscar performances? You can't announce original song this early in the ceremony; it is literally one of the main standards of the Oscars. Likewise, Taylor Swift cannot present an award that could possibly go to herself. That's insanity!

tenor.gif?itemid=4247181

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3