Fake

Friday Numbers

I'm fucking ecstatic! This is mind-blowing for THG.

I personally think THG is better than all but two of the potter films, 4 and 7(I consider both parts to be one film), and its lightyears ahead of the first potter film, which is pure mediocrity bordering on crap. THG doesn't have that problem as the reviews clearly show. In fact THG is rated higher by the people than both potter and spider-man at every site I have checked so far including IMDB, which I thought would trash the film as another twilight. Book to book the hunger games doesn't stand a chance, potter wins handily as all the potter films are just cheep inferior imitations of the books, but I still love em though. Potter on the big screen is a real treat.

If 24M holds the second weekend record is broken. I think the Friday number will drop to about 22M though.

Yeahh. It smells like a little overprediction from Nikki..But just watch this thread if it comes in at 25 mill

It's still so amazing to think about. To think this really could be in contention now with the BO greats avatar and TDK for second weekend. This movie has really been doing exactly what it's heroine Katniss has done. It is shaking up the box office world! It's giving notice to every other movie great out there that THG is here to stay and cannot be under estimated! Next time a moviebreaks out so much like that I am going to say that movie did a "katniss" ! Lol after rocking the box office world so much already in the first weekend, Katniss has trained her arrow on the second weekend record and drawn her bow ... :). And I am so happy now thinking of that image! Lol

Could be in range with a 24 mill friday

em, with 24m (a fucking 200% friday increase) the film will clear 80m.Example:Fri: 24mSat: 33.6m (+40%) well bellow the 50% it will scoreSun: 22.50m -33%Wknd: 80.11m (unlikely seeing as 4 quadrant films always post a sunday stronger than there friday, that goes for many front-loaded 4 quadrant sequels as well.)if it gets the full 24m estimate, there is a lot of historical data that shows that the film will easily pass 80m.

That would require a 50% increase today

And that's perfectly reasonable. Look at how weak matinees were today. Nikki's initial estimate of 18M indicated that day business wasn't all that strong, and that's why the number came out low. Estimates rising later in the day means lots of pent up demand for night shows, and lots of pent up demand later on means more business pushed towards Saturday. Not only that, but it was able to overperform in the evening shows enough to bump that initial 18M projection up by 2-6M. Even if evening shows on Saturday are a slight bit down from Friday, the huge matinee demand will more than make up for it. I think a 50% increase is very likely, and I'm pretty much sold on 45%+ Edited by spizzer

em, with 24m (a fucking 200% friday increase) the film will clear 80m.Example:Fri: 24mSat: 33.6m (+40%) well bellow the 50% it will scoreSun: 22.50m -33%Wknd: 80.11m (unlikely seeing as 4 quadrant films always post a sunday stronger than there friday, that goes for many front-loaded 4 quadrant sequels as well.)if it gets the full 24m estimate, there is a lot of historical data that shows that the film will easily pass 80m.

Yeah, if it gets 24M, then 85M is locked IMO.