cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

11 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

That’s the least of this movie problem

What other problems does it have? It’s already a bomb and people are over DC films not named Batman. Not much can be done besides enjoy it and look forward to Xolo returning in the DCU (if that new universe even is successful) 

edit: also the hurricane hitting CA may effect grosses this weekend, so everything is going wrong with Blue Beetle lol

Edited by El Gato

For the record, a film needs to drop below 70% to lose its "certified fresh" status once it has earned it. If it loses it, it needs to get back to that 75% spot to get it back too. Blue Beetle is still at ~150 reviews so it could drop, but I don't really see it dropping below 70. It's probably not gonna get as many reviews as The Flash either way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

For the record, a film needs to drop below 70% to lose its "certified fresh" status once it has earned it. If it loses it, it needs to get back to that 75% spot to get it back too. Blue Beetle is still at ~150 reviews so it could drop, but I don't really see it dropping below 70. It's probably not gonna get as many reviews as The Flash either way.

New rules? Because Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness fell below the 75% and lost the Certified Fresh status (and to this day it continues with the 74% and without the Certified Fresh) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

New rules? Because Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness fell below the 75% and lost the Certified Fresh status (and to this day it continues with the 74% and without the Certified Fresh) 

Elemental is still certified fresh. 

30 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

IIRC Multiverse of Madness never got the Certified Fresh status. Unless I'm remembering it all wrong. I remember it flactuating in the low-to-mid 70s for a while there but never hitting 75 long enough to gain it.

1 hour ago, toutvabien said:

IIRC Multiverse of Madness never got the Certified Fresh status. Unless I'm remembering it all wrong. I remember it flactuating in the low-to-mid 70s for a while there but never hitting 75 long enough to gain it.

Yes, he did, but it was for a short time tbh, never quite understand what happened  

Grid-Art-20230818-201542621.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I do. That means 70% of top critics enjoyed the film enough to give it a good review. Thanks for your insight though.

It is not Shazam 2 levels, but the positive reviews are barely positive.  The metaritic score is way worse.

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

Zack Snyder must've taken the DC Fanbase. There is just no way DC could've fallen this hard. 

Either that or their reputation finally caught up to them! All the causals I know associate DC with bad films, outside of Batman of course. Gunn has his work cut out for him 

34 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

It is higher than 7 MCU films on MC. Also, reviews ≠ box office success

Only 7.  That is not good.  The entire positive spin is based on good reviews will lead to good word of mouth and good box office later.  The dominos are already not falling.