cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

44 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Censorship

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh, you're serious

To be fair, if trying to hide a group of people dislike for something isn't censorship (especially as they likely do this to protect companies), I'm not sure what it could be called.

Not saying the decision to hide "dislikes" was necessarily bad. I could just see why it's called censorship.

Edited by Kon

16 minutes ago, Kon said:

To be fair, if trying to hide a group of people dislike for something isn't censorship (especially as they likely do this to protect companies), I'm not sure what it could be called.

Not saying the decision to hide "dislikes" was necessarily bad. I could just see why it's called censorship.

It’s not like they removed the dislike button. People are still free to dislike videos. It’s just no longer visible to the public. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s not like they removed the dislike button. People are still free to dislike videos. It’s just no longer visible to the public. 

Bingo.

Also, even if they removed the dislike button, that still wouldn't be censorship.

On 7/13/2024 at 3:44 AM, Relevation said:

I think the trailer looks aggressively fine and largely competent, but BO wise I think this has a similar problem to the Marvels in which absolutely nothing here is a real draw to anyone outside the most hardcore Marvel fans, and the movie isn’t doing anything else to draw other audiences in

Like sorry but who seriously cares that much about Sam Wilson, Thaddeus Ross, Red Hulk, or whoever the hell Giancarlo Esposito is playing, plus the trailer feels super Marvel-y in a way where if you’re not a fan of Marvel I can’t see why you’d ever watch this 

Honestly I think this is gonna bomb spectacularly, probably the biggest nominal loser of all time and Marvels numbers or worse 

$40-50M OW / $85-110M DOM / $165-200M WW

You're expecting sub-$100M OS total. . .?

This range for OS would be $80M-$90M

Damn

Edited by HummingLemon496

On 7/16/2024 at 9:35 AM, Belakor said:

Yeah, censoring public opinion is a great idea

On 7/16/2024 at 9:44 AM, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Censorship

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh, you're serious

The term censorship is bing tossed around very carelessly.

IMHO the only Censorship that is dangerous is when the Government gets invovled. That is very dangerous.

But a private company has the perfect right to use any rules it damn well pleases.

30 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Isaiah Bradley shooting the president has been removed from at least the IMAX version of the trailer

We are living in a simulation. 

Black mirror was just a documentary.

Edited by Belakor
TYPO

All the Esposito stuff was added in the reshoots, which were basically just shot a month out from being put in the trailer. They're very likely just not done.

New version of the trailer, which replaced the shot of Ross being shot by Isaiah with a different scene of Isaiah fighting the Secret Service.

Edited by SpiderByte

I knew that Esposito was from reshoots, I’m saying that it’s different in a good way. Even things like camera angles, the overall mood hits when those bits pop up. it reminds me of the early Bourne films. For footage that’s just been shot it’s quite good.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

On 7/22/2024 at 10:54 PM, SpiderByte said:

I mean it's not unprecedented. Way back Gangster Squad had to reshot a whole sequence that involved running down a movie theater...right before the TDKR shooting in Colorado 

Lilo & Stitch  & 9/11

3 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Lilo & Stitch  & 9/11

Another good example. Though worth noting here they cut the scene of Ross being shot out of the trailers, not the actual movie, since it's clearly a major plot point.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 7:54 PM, SpiderByte said:

I mean it's not unprecedented. Way back Gangster Squad had to reshot a whole sequence that involved running down a movie theater...right before the TDKR shooting in Colorado 

That was not the first time.

Back in 2000, a episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer  involving a high school sniper was delayed for a couple of months because the week it was scheduled was the week of the Columbine shootings.

Luckily, it was a stand alone episode and did not have major plot developments for the season's main story arc.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

That was not the first time.

Back in 2000, a episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer  involving a high school sniper was delayed for a couple of months because the week it was scheduled was the week of the Columbine shootings.

Luckily, it was a stand alone episode and did not have major plot developments for the season's main story arc.

Oh if you want another Marvel one, it's widely, widely speculated that Marvel planned to drop the first season of the Punisher at NYCC, without prior notice, during the shows big panel. They made a big deal of not revealing the release date in the promotional material, it had a panel...snd then the Vegas shooting.