Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

22 hours ago, iEnri said:

So will Dune achieve 400M? 

Yes, AUS (and NZ) has delivered what it needs to deliver. It'll get $10m+ from AUS (depending how it holds against the competition, could be couple million more). Without fudging it'll pass $400m.

AUS+NZ+Vietnam will add to current total at least $8m more. US and rest OS will make the rest.

Dune's IMAX presales for opening night this week in Vietnam. Pretty excellent given the situation i'd say. It has to share showings with Venom 2 and A Quiet Place 2 opening the same weekend, plus Eternals from last week. But Dune gets to keep most IMAX (afternoon and evening), while Eternals get the morning shows. 

Unfortunately this won't mean much for the total. We're a small market even in the normal world, let alone one that just opened up from shutdown for a little more than two weeks and operating with 50% capacity (one of two major cities still hasn't resumed cinema). And NWH is coming next week too. A few hundred thousands max. 

But this goes to show the big potential for Part 2.

Screenshot-20211210-082235.jpg

• Like 2

All markets matter. No matter how small an opening, it brings in some money. No opening = no money. Look at some big brand movies that can't open in China. Their boxoffice isn't impressive cause they don't have other markets to pull the weight like lets say NTTD's UK and European run in general.

• Like 1

Just watched the movie in IMAX here. It feels like a different movie compared to home viewing. I went with someone who doesn't know a thing about Dune and at the end she went like "it's so good i want more" and "it makes all movies i've watched before pale in comparison". So yeah, i'd say Vietnam is on board for the ride when Part 2 comes.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, iEnri said:

Dune will finish a bit below Eternals. If Dune and Eternals difference is smaller than 10M, Dune could surpass Eternals with the rerelease in oscar season

The fact that they will finish so close to each other when one was expected to do below BR2049 while the other had 1B WW predictions, is hilarious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iEnri said:

Dune will finish a bit below Eternals. If Dune and Eternals difference is smaller than 10M, Dune could surpass Eternals with the rerelease in oscar season

Why do people assume Dune will get rereleased? I don't think that's common practice, especially in a wide enough manner to make any real difference.