Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

Man, realizing that $400m is not beyond the bounds of possibility i'll be very sad if it falls short of it by a whisker. :(

Yeah, there seems to always be that next boundary to cross. First $40m DOM, then $100m, and now that $400m WW. If Dune gets close to it after Aus, NZ, and Vietnam, I would hope WB will have those extra IMAX shows before Oscars to Fudge it over.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, iEnri said:

I think Australia will be now what decides the final box office. Could the sales be good there? I hope the best for pre sales

Yes, Australia, NZ & Vietnam. If legs continue current trajectory, it looks like Dune could, just might, end up around $380m WW without those three markets. In that case, I'd ship Villeneuve & all other cast members available to promote to Australia and organize a stellar premiere there. You can sell it to the cast members as a victory reunion for the great run of Dune & getting Part 2 plus make extra PR with that. Kinda "go see the stellar critical & box office success that the cast came to celebrate especially to Australia". Summer Australia would be perfect for all that too.

Fudge that way $20m+ from Aus (and a side trip to NZ...get Peter Jackson somehow to "approve" and Lucy Lawless praise Dune + the cool PM involved), and BOOM!

$400m WW done.

Season 2 Drinking GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Haha 1

In South Korea Dune kept some of its PLFs even with Eternals releasing and they are starting again showing Dune in some IMAXs due to popular demand. The legs are strong over there. Strong legs in UK too, and then there are places like Poland where Dune had a third weekend drop of just 34% even with Eternals opening. Dune opened there almost twice as big as Eternals, has overcome BR2049 and is heading to $5.5-6m run there having $3.8m now. Also still limping toward a $40m finish in China.

Desert power is still strong and there's some spice left to harvest OS.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, von Kenni said:

In South Korea Dune kept some of its PLFs even with Eternals releasing and they are starting again showing Dune in some IMAXs due to popular demand. The legs are strong over there. Strong legs in UK too, and then there are places like Poland where Dune had a third weekend drop of just 34% even with Eternals opening. Dune opened there almost twice as big as Eternals, has overcome BR2049 and is heading to $5.5-6m run there having $3.8m now. Also still limping toward a $40m finish in China.

Desert power is still strong and there's some spice left to harvest OS.

An IMAX theater in Toronto cancelled Eternals IMAX and brought back Dune at least for some showtimes. I'm honestly not surprised that the same happened in Korea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vale900 said:

expect for Japan.

Left nothing for me to speak 😔 

I have watched 2x at 4DX. Felt like it's reality (I was living in Dune) 9/10, some parts where not sync well at start. People where speaking ahead of your voice. Later on, it was fix. It's still a lot better than Blade Runner 2049. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Left nothing for me to speak 😔 

I have watched 2x at 4DX. Felt like it's reality (I was living in Dune) 9/10, some parts where not sync well at start. People where speaking ahead of your voice. Later on, it was fix. It's still a lot better than Blade Runner 2049. 

Chin up and always remember, even 5M from Japan can change the course of the boxoffice. I'll take 5M over no release there. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ando said:

Wondering if $275M is possible without Aus/NZ. Then $290m total. Would make $400M realistic, with domestic pushing to $110M. 

I just realized the $6.8m OS now was this weekend, not for week (was wondering that something is off...). It actually looks like Dune has a great shot to make the $400m now. Quite probable, actually.

WW stands at $351 now. Adding +$17m dom ($110m run.. though might get millions of that) +$20m more from current OS markets +$12m from Aus, NZ, Vietnam (BR2049 numbers) = $400m!

I think dom & existing OS will squeeze some extra millions there more and then Aus, NZ, Vietnam don't even need that BR2049 level performance to get to the 400.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ando said:

OS actuals increased to $8.7M :OMG: down just 21%. Is $400M just got a lot more realistic and perhaps a few million more than that!

With a quick and dirty analysis that means at least $5m more to the OS run and brings the need from Aus, NZ, Vietnam around $7m in my previous calculations. Hard to see Dune not doing that while looking how Aus functions with NTTD & Eternals.

It looks like WOM ultimately pulls Dune slowly but surely over $400m, the last meaningful goal that we have for it.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, von Kenni said:

With a quick and dirty analysis that means at least $5m more to the OS run and brings the need from Aus, NZ, Vietnam around $7m in my previous calculations. Hard to see Dune not doing that while looking how Aus functions with NTTD & Eternals.

It looks like WOM ultimately pulls Dune slowly but surely over $400m, the last meaningful goal that we have for it.

Well, I would say perhaps 300M OS will be the last meaningful milestone to pass. Just like each projection has risen steadily, I can see it as a small possibility right now. Nearly $260M off 8.7M weekend. With a potential $15-20M from Aus, NZ and Vietnam altogether. Could totally happen!

• Like 1