MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Wildly irresponsible on Nolan's part if the phrase "different stages of life" isn't repeated every time they're together.

Hopefully he can insert a 10 minute exposition to iron things out for us all.

1 hour ago, Niceguy said:

What they need to do is have a flashing sign whenever the two characters interact that says, "the filmmakers don't support relationships with such differential power dynamics such as the one presented here."

Have it plastered on the cinema door, next to the "this film does contain VFX" sign.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Delaying a film is a new way of blocking its release in Middle East. Great for Oppenheimer that Universal manage to bypass. Now, Left with two critical market - China &Japan.

You can hang dong in the Middle East as long as it’s of the straight variety. 

Just now, Maggie said:

Nolan is in a league of its own. Oppenheimer will open >50 on Nolan's name alone.

I don’t know if that’s all on his name alone. I feel like Barbie has done Oppenheimer a huge favour in terms of endless free marketing. 

• Like 1

Nolan's power with urban millennials in indeed insane, it is akin to Speilberg's pull with middle America for people who remember the 1980s and 1990s.  

I absolutely think Barbie is helping here too. This is an R Rated, 3 hour long drama. If it opens to $50m, that is incredible. Nolan should do a serious Pearl Harbor take for his next film then - that would double whatever Oppenheimer does

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Nolan's power with urban millennials in indeed insane, it is akin to Speilberg's pull with middle America for people who remember the 1980s and 1990s.  

I absolutely think Barbie is helping here too. This is an R Rated, 3 hour long drama. If it opens to $50m, that is incredible. Nolan should do a serious Pearl Harbor take for his next film then - that would double whatever Oppenheimer does

I think he should give WWII a rest after this. 

• Like 2

I am really hoping Oppenheimer would stay in IMAX longer in Canada. I have a surgery coming up in a few days, nothing serious, but I don't think I can stand sitting in the theatres for 3 hours within a month of the surgery.

2 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

I am really hoping Oppenheimer would stay in IMAX longer in Canada. I have a surgery coming up in a few days, nothing serious, but I don't think I can stand sitting in the theatres for 3 hours within a month of the surgery.

IIRC they have IMAX on lock for 3 weeks, so you should probably just about make it?

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

IIRC they have IMAX on lock for 3 weeks, so you should probably just about make it?

It applies to Canadian IMAX too? I thought it only applies to the US. Then I will try to catch the last day when presales open.

I have been pretty busy for the past 7 years or so that I barely watch movies in the theatres anymore. I usually catch them up on the plane because I have been flying over 15+ times per month. Nolan's movies are the only ones that I never missed, even during COVID. Really hoping I won't miss watching it on IMAX.