MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

If WB wants to extend an olive branch to Nolan, they should work out a deal with Universal for a Dunkirk-Oppenheimer double feature later in autumn, for an IMAX re-expansion. Get Nolan some of those sweet royalties and start greasing the wheels on a 300 million co-production with Uni for Nolan's next flick, a 4-hour-long Punic War historical epic, just so I can see the BTS footage/photos of elephants strapped with IMAX cameras to them in the Alps. 

7 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Kicking myself for not booking ahead with IMAX. The BFI a non-starter for the next few weeks if you have a job.

I had set up an alert on the bfi website when tickets were released, and within 8 minutes it took for me to book Sat 12:20 showing, most of the seats had gone, luckily i was early enough to get bang on the middle one row from the back below the projector so hearing that projector running is gonna be epic. 

46 minutes ago, zlazer said:

I had set up an alert on the bfi website when tickets were released, and within 8 minutes it took for me to book Sat 12:20 showing, most of the seats had gone, luckily i was early enough to get bang on the middle one row from the back below the projector so hearing that projector running is gonna be epic. 

what are the seats like since the refurb? More room? 

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

what are the seats like since the refurb? More room? 

I will find out, have not been there since Dunkirk. 

I have heard all seats are more spacious and the seats are great, I think the only difference to my tickets is there is more space and the location - it is not cheap though at £28 a ticket. (BFI imax VIP seating) I think the only difference is where in the auditorium you get your seats more than the quality of said seats. There is a lack of information on the website ngl about this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zlazer said:

I will find out, have not been there since Dunkirk. 

I have heard all seats are more spacious and the seats are great, I think the only difference to my tickets is there is more space and the location - it is not cheap though at £28 a ticket. (BFI imax VIP seating) I think the only difference is where in the auditorium you get your seats more than the quality of said seats. There is a lack of information on the website ngl about this. 

I’m tempted to make the trip to London for it. About two hours from me. 
Odeon Leicester Square are showing it in 70mm, and Cineworld’s IMAX would also be another good option.