MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

who knows, the 100m number was reported a long time ago and may not be accurate, i mean apparently doctor strange 2 cost over 300m and avatar 2 was reported as 250m until very close to release when 350-400 was being reported

27 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

who knows, the 100m number was reported a long time ago and may not be accurate, i mean apparently doctor strange 2 cost over 300m and avatar 2 was reported as 250m until very close to release when 350-400 was being reported

Really? That's the two movies you're comparing this to? Two INCREDIBLY VFX-intensive movies that were also impacted by COVID (with one of them having a veeeeeery long production even beyond COVID issues). Even his most effects-heavy movies aren't close to the budgets you mentioned. Obviously I get you're saying that budgets can increase, but there were clear reasons behind the 300 million price tags of some recent movies, and Nolan is famous for how tight he is on budgets and time. 

3 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

he probably said 180 for the dramatic effect

"180M, 180 minutes"

Who knows what he's including and what he's not whether its with tax credits, with marketing, just production, etc

Exactly. But hey, it's the Internet...

35 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

What's wrong?.even if RDS took 10 m less than i thought  seems a really expensive movie. It's 3 hours long and every expect seems excellent. Quality has a cost. 

I don't know why here and for Barbie people Simply doesn't see the excellence in every technical side of these movies. Seems likw if movies doesn't have cgi and third act Battles you don't need money to make them. 

It's still a dramatic biopic where the major stars took paycuts and filmed in only a handful of locations in the US, as opposed to globetrotting or incredibly complex stuntwork in major urban centres etc. I think you've got a skewed perspective if you think quality requires a huge budget. You absolutely can have a gorgeous movie for a moderate budget.

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Neglia is fine, I guess, but please don't inundate the thread with a bunch of nobodies like you did in the MI thread k

she doesn't have a weird hate boner against this movie so we probably don't need to worry about that

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

It's still a dramatic biopic where the major stars took paycuts and filmed in only a handful of locations in the US, as opposed to globetrotting or incredibly complex stuntwork in major urban centres etc. I think you've got a skewed perspective if you think quality requires a huge budget. You absolutely can have a gorgeous movie for a moderate budget.

Thius,

I see no reason for doubting the 100 Million dollar figure.

Yes, it is a period film, but then the 1940's cost a lot less money to do then, say a film set during the Civil War would.

4 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Why are you worried about spoilers for a historical film. 

For once we agree.

In the thread about the 2019 Midway movie, here, somebody got angry at people for spoiling the film because we discuseed how the Japanese lost the battle and it was the truning point for the Pacific war.

I swear,people probably bitched in pre release discussions of Speilberg;s "Lincoln" becuase that Lincoln was assianated was mentioned....