Eric Quinn

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

@Eric Osborn you don't think The batman could move? It's in danger of Omicron peaking at the start of March

Of course it could move, but its not like there is a clear pattern and every period has the same level of risk.As long as cases are at an acceptable level if you will, say  like in the sept or dec period , the big movies will probably stay where they are and besides isnt it a little early to worry about a situation that thats 3 months aways, lets first see what will happen with the current wave.

2 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Shang-Chi came out at the peak of Delta and it did fine. The Batman has just as, arguably more hype than Shang-Chi. It'll be alright.

True. The target audience for The Batman is young guys, they just made Spidey a huge hit and are the ones that kept theaters alive this year

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

Just now, wildphantom said:

Any omicron wave in the states will come before Batman. 
It could possibly move a few weeks, but I’ll be amazed if we don’t see the movie before Easter time. 

it’s going to be way bigger than many think too. 

I have batman at 150 mill ow, for now.

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I hope they don't send The batman to streaming. Move it, but no streaming pls

I would be truly shocked with this.

I never really believed they would reverse the 2021 decision, but they know there's no need for do it again. Every wave ends, they just need to wait a couple of months if they need to.

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Matrix feels like it has lost all of the buzz it had, like in the first trailer you could feel the buzz but now....they should have moved it and had it as a theatrical only release.

yep. They’d already committed to it being on HBO though. Once it was in their marketing to subscribers in early 2021 their hands were tied. It’s such a shame. 

regardless, I’m as buzzed for it as any movie all year. 

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

i like it! 
the Pattinson factor is going to be a much more lucrative driver on footfall for a demo most are ignoring. 

I really doubt it. Just like Tom holland is not a major factor on why Spidey is doing huge numbers. The brand sells itslef.

When Keaton’s Batman rocks up, I’ll be the guy up on his feet, crying and fangirling. 

he’ll be all over the trailers though I would imagine. It’s something they can’t keep secret as it’s their big selling point for it to cross over into MAJOR movie territory. 

Just now, Maggie said:

I really doubt it. Just like Tom holland is not a major factor on why Spidey is doing huge numbers. The brand sells itslef.

The Holland/Zendaya fan girls are what I’m talking about.  They’re the ones that don’t shut up about these guys on social media. Pattinson’s emo Bruce Wayne is everywhere constantly.