Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

Anyway guys I said my piece and I realize that nothing's going to change and I'm in the minority and if more people at this site are okay with weekend threads having spoilers then so be it. I just felt and still feel strongly about what I said but I'll let it go now. I don't mean to be a Danny Downer LOL

• Like 3

Just now, baumer said:

Anyway guys I said my piece and I realize that nothing's going to change and I'm in the minority and if more people at this site are okay with weekend threads having spoilers then so be it. I just felt and still feel strongly about what I said but I'll let it go now. I don't mean to be a Danny Downer LOL

This is a one off circumstance anyway, where the main hook of the movie wasn't technically confirmed but like 99% of people have known for months anyway (which is what allows it to be the main hook).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Oh but they are I've read plenty of things in here about how the Green goblin is in this and venom is in this and I didn't know any of those things. So yes there are plot pieces that are being discussed. 

Green Goblin is in the trailers, that's definitely not a spoiler. [RETRACTED] so I can't speak on that but that's no different than anything else where someone speaks on a spoiler when they aren't supposed to and gets removed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Oh but they are I've read plenty of things in here about how the Green goblin is in this and venom is in this and I didn't know any of those things. So yes there are plot pieces that are being discussed. 

green goblin is in the trailer. i know you said you avoided the marketing but c'mon man we've never been so strict that we can't talk about stuff that's in the trailer. if that's a spoiler to you you'd be better off just avoiding any part of the internet with the word spider-man in it if you're that deep in dodging "spoilers".

• Like 7

Just now, Weird Alegion said:

This is a one off circumstance anyway, where the main hook of the movie wasn't technically confirmed but like 99% of people have known for months anyway (which is what allows it to be the main hook).

Yep I can see that we all heard the rumors including me but again I'm just saying I didn't know 100% for sure what was going on because I specifically did not read anything to confirm it. But anyway I'm digressing and like I said I'm going to let it go.

Just now, GoblinXXR said:

Green Goblin is in the trailers, that's definitely not a spoiler. I haven't seen anything regarding Venom so I can't speak on that but that's no different than anything else where someone speaks on a spoiler when they aren't supposed to and gets removed.

Okay that's a great point I didn't watch the last few trailers so I wasn't aware that Green goblin was in the trailers. But obviously if he's in the trailer then yes that's not a spoiler so my bad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

You not knowing something doesn't make it a spoiler!  At no point during your tenure here would it be considered a spoiler to talk about a character who is on the literal main poster of the movie and in trailers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Deleted.

Edited by Menor

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

green goblin is in the trailer. i know you said you avoided the marketing but c'mon man we've never been so strict that we can't talk about stuff that's in the trailer. if that's a spoiler to you you'd be better off just avoiding any part of the internet with the word spider-man in it if you're that deep in dodging "spoilers".

Yes you are right and I concede I have not seen the last couple trailers I did not know he was in the trailers but if he was then yes it's obviously not a spoiler

• Like 2

Just now, Cap said:

Also Baumer and EmpireCity agreeing. Lmfao. Hell has frozen over. 

There's no animosity between me and Empire as far as I know. We had one massive philosophical disagreement on this site when it came to rogue one making more or less than 450 million dollars. He of course told me I was an idiot for thinking that I laughed it off and it was one of the more active threads that we had at the forums. I don't have any beef with Empire for the most part I don't think he has any with me, I could be wrong of course.

• Thanks 1

This shit always happens when I'm asleep....

Baumer, of course we are not allowing spoilers. And in a good majority of stuff talked about, like Goblin, it's already in the trailer.

However, and this is a big however, the issue with T&A is that it's one topic that everybody is talking about. In the NWH thread, it was practically expected for them to show up. It was the only thing people wanted to talk about with this movie. It was a huge selling point for this movie and something people expected the second Doc Ock was announced. If we didn't, then there was much less for people to talk about, speculate, and discuss, and things are way less fun as a result. And frankly, if you're here to talk about NWH, chances are you've been following things closely in regards to what happens in the movie.

The big compromise here is that we don't allow anything surrounding T&A to be revealed. No plot points about them, no mentioning of their action scenes, no contributions to the screenplay, no images from the movie with them, no nothing. And I think that's fair. T&A was an open secret, especially to the 99% of people here, but it's not fair to reveal what they actually do.

And frankly, this is going to be a one-time thing due to conflicting outside circumstances. When The Batman or Doctor Strange 2 comes out, we're gonna be super strict on this stuff like we always are. This is a one-time thing and we're keeping this a one-time thing. Trust me.

• Thanks 3