Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I want IW to go down but right now I am thinking 245M OW. I don't want to set my expectations too high.

Look it this way, it’s still 60-70 more than your predicted in the games!!

also 72 is waaaay more interesting from the Contest POV. That opens things crazy up to some madness. 

3 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

The one thing NWH has proven to me is that $75-80M in previews is possible. If you can get a film with Endgame level hype + a run time under 150 minutes, it can be done. 

Endgame hype+120 mins+start at noon (no matineee idiocy), 100M is no problem at all.

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Haha 1

Just now, Weird Alegion said:

Endgame hype+120 mins+start at noon (no matineee ididpocy), 100M is no problem at all.

Legit question: At what point is it no longer previews and just a Thursday opening? I thought a theater "day" was 6pm-6am or something like this. Call 3PM a "preview" is getting into a weird territory to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Sure that can be done. I won't be surprised with say 73.5 either, its just matter of 75k more people turning up in evening.

Hmmm well idk about 75k but I can have sex with about 5 so idk what that'll translate box office wise

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Let's go 72-73 and see where it goes.

6 minutes ago, RthHome said:

NWH I was going with sat  around 74 , see how it goes

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah expected this, but I am going with true FRI being 70.5 while you may be going with 71.5 as provided by studio.

let them fight fighting GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Sony when they find out they’ve missed the 2nd OW all-time from @charlie Jatinder and @EmpireCity tomorrow afternoon. 

”Damn it, I knew we should have gone with 2pm preview start time!”

parks and rec computer GIF

They’d just lose more money to matinees, lol. Allowed that was the real mistake, it’s an easy 260+ otherwise.

• Like 1