Eric the Fall Guy

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yikes. Just 2 responses in 15 mins. The forum is truly dead.

Am seeing 20% drop for 30 as of now.

Hmm, it's a good number by itself but TFA only dropped about 8% on the same Tuesday. Hell, even Infinity War and Endgame dropped less than 12% and they weren't around the holidays. All in all, 20% isn't a good drop. 

Also, my check of presales tomorrow at my theater is down over 40% from today. I expected it to be lower but not that much lower. 

Edited by GoblinXXR

10 minutes ago, ZackM said:

I've got SM:NWH trailing Monday by about 4% at Alpha thus far.  That doesn't account for reduced ticket prices so we'll have to see what the actual drop is.

Could dig up alpha admit drop relationship to gross drop back from keyser daily runs I guess.   

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yikes. Just 2 responses in 15 mins. The forum is truly dead.

Am seeing 20% drop for 30 as of now.

Never mind, looks like about 17% atp drop then.    

Not what we were hoping for, XXR’s tues nums look really bad too. Some March 2020 flashbacks, let’s see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

NGL I was not feeling how this film can do $800M+ but Tuesday does make things clear and believable. Probably looking at $80-90M 2nd weekend to $650-700M final.

That would certainly be lackluster but I can't see it falling off that far. Assuming this is a trend and not just an off night, we would go something like...

297-30-22-28-20-43-37-25-15-15-16-13-25-20-11 = 617 through January 3. IW and EG did between $125-130M after their 17th day. I assume this would be around that given a lack of competition. 

I could see it as low as $730M or so but not much lower.

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

NGL I was not feeling how this film can do $800M+ but Tuesday does make things clear and believable. Probably looking at $80-90M 2nd weekend to $650-700M final.

And someone will post this on reddit and doom and gloom will start there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Clear that Omnicron concerns are starting to possibly have an impact, especially with large number of sports, Broadway, and concert cancellations.

But, Clay theaters are perfectly fine right now. Stop accurately pointing things out as Covid doesn’t matter anymore for box office, despite key demographics not returning.

Spoiler

I do think it’s a bit too early to predict whether or not this is omicron fears or not and what the weekend will be. NWH kind of seemed even despite WOM to have some frontloadedness to it, but it does seem like a bad omen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

You had to figure there was going to be a pretty tough limit on maximum box office right now due to COVID. Lot of people simply will not go at the moment. The fact this movie piled up almost $300M in 4 days is pretty stunning, given what we've seen in the domestic market the last 2 years. 

There a lot of people who would normally watch this film who are not so the fact this doing near 700 million or more shows this likely has the biggest * ever for a film about what it could have done.

I would have seen this twice by now but I have to wait till after 27 to watch this.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 2