Noctis

THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE: $309.3m

Early forecasts Germany looks to be able to increase inflows this week, France when it looks to get a tiny drop in inflows, China gets $0.2m a day, hopefully a final between 405 and $410 million worldwide. I'm glad it crossed 400 million, it's a good sign even if it's still not a high score. Another indication, its release on HBO Max tomorrow morning will have to be watched carefully, it's success there is, there can be hope for a sequel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Felipe said:

DOMESTIC (23.7%) $95,845,511

INTERNATIONAL (76.3%) $309,310,490

WORLDWIDE $405,156,001

First overseas update since June 6. Ahead of Uncharted (401.7M) and Sonic 2 (401M).

It also means it topped Eternals and Dune in the list of highest grossing films since the start of the pandemic, not so bad after all (especially since it initially seemed like it was going to end with 370/380M)

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 12:18 AM, Noctis said:

What do you guys expect from this?

I think if reviews are just okay enough with decent WOM, I can see it hitting $300m OS. My current prediction is $315m OS.

My prediction for this was on the nose, although to be fair, if it weren't for China, it would have hit $330m OS. 

Overall, the overseas results was satisfying enough for me although obviously I wish it would have done more. I was taken aback at how frontloaded it was domestically and that it missed $100m DOM, but overall...it did $405m WW which is decent enough in the current market and the incessantly bad press surrounding this.

It was a fine film that ended as well as it could have to conclude this trilogy, so we say goodbye to this franchise with the comfort that at least it ended well. It was a messy trilogy, but there was so much to love about it, especially in the current climate of indistinguishable blockbusters.

Dumbledore's portrayal honestly ranks as one of, if not the best, in the entire WWU. He was that magnificent.

• Like 2

Not that it makes much of a difference, but BOM updated the film's final gross and it's about $2m higher now:

INTERNATIONAL (76.4%)
$311,100,000
WORLDWIDE
$406,950,844

311m OS is a pretty good total I think, especially considering Russia's absence and the COVID situation in China. I wonder what the perception about this performance would be if the production budget stayed near $170m and hadn't been inflated because of COVID and recasts.

• Like 1

Had another tiny increase (200k) of OS total on BoxOfficeMojo:

DOMESTIC (23.5%)

$95,850,844

INTERNATIONAL (76.5%)

$311,300,000

WORLDWIDE

$407,150,844

Edited by nox
  • Like 3