Eric Lasagna

Weekend Thread (1/21-23) | Asgard 2 says 3.5 Fri for Scream, 3.4 Spider-Man

With the success of Scream, I wonder if Paramount and Spyglass might consider doing a requel to Scary Movie? I think with the right talent, a well written spoof of both Scream and other recent horror  films with Anna Faris and Regina King returning could do quite well box office wise. 

Edited by Jonwo

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

With the success of Scream, I wonder if Paramount and Spyglass might consider doing a requel to Scary Movie? I think with the right talent, a well written spoof of both Scream and other recent horror  films with Anna Faris and Regina King returning could do quite well box office wise. 

Regina Hall*

But yeah, I think it would be fun idea. Does Paramount own it? Sadly probably can't get Wayans back but would be fun and possibly successful

6 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Regina Hall*

But yeah, I think it would be fun idea. Does Paramount own it? Sadly probably can't get Wayans back but would be fun and possibly successful

I think the Scary Movie rights are owned by Spyglass. 

Another Scary Movie with Faris and Hall back would be a potentially big deal since the last several years have provided a ton of popular horror movies everyone recognizes that are ripe for parody. Add some star cameos to the mix along with good marketing and whichever studio were to pick it up would have an easy $40M+ opening if all went right.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

Another Scary Movie with Faris and Hall back would be a potentially big deal since the last several years have provided a ton of popular horror movies everyone recognizes that are ripe for parody. Add some star cameos to the mix along with good marketing and whichever studio were to pick it up would have an easy $40M+ opening if all went right.

It's unlikely but the directors of Scream could easily direct Scary Movie given they directed Ready or Not. I wouldn't bring back The Wayans as directors as I think you need fresh eyes to properly revitalise but I'm not sure who.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's unlikely but the directors of Scream could easily direct Scary Movie given they directed Ready or Not. I wouldn't bring back The Wayans as directors as I think you need fresh eyes to properly revitalise but I'm not sure who.

Probably someone like Rawson Marshall Thurber (which would practically guarantee a cameo from The Rock).