Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

On 4/7/2023 at 8:22 AM, Krissykins said:

😂 I’ll try my best. Going again tonight. 

China don’t seem to allow many horror films at all, some random allowances like M3GAN. The recent two Escape Room films did well. 

It's even more simple with China, they have a pass or fail censorship system, so it's good for everyone or nobody. A scream film everyone can watch would last about 5 minutes. 

10 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Radio Silence are making their next project a Universal monster movie. Wonder what that means for Scream VII. 

Man, they let slip on The Dead Meat podcast they were preparing to shoot something really soon (so the delay for Scream VII might not be humongous) and it would be "a new take on an old thing", I said to my brother I bet it's a Universal monster movie. 

Glad to have it confirmed! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Wasn’t there twitter gossip about Paramount allegedly wanting Scream 7 to start shooting by October? 

Debunked! 

Great for Melissa though. 

Count me in

Just hope 7 doesn't get pushed back 2 years or something

Edited by screambaby

Honestly felt 6 wasn't as tight or as strong script-wise compared to 5, so I prefer waiting a couple years so it has more time in the oven. Plus the cast and crew obviously want to do something new, which is totally fair and valid.

47 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Gale writing that book still bothers me. It didn't even add anything to the movie!

I mean it did add a funny punch.

But i agree, that is the one part of the movie that bothers me a bit. I think it was just added to have exactly that - a throwback to the funny Sidney punches of Scream 1 and 2 - but it kind of undermined Gales character growth since then.

On the other hand, the film redeems itself imo with the Gale fight scene.

• Heart 1