Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

You claimed that comparing the box office to movies that were released last year isn’t fair, so I brought up a movie that was released before the pandemic. It sounds like you’re doing everything you can to downplay its performance. 

Yeah he’s been downplaying it for weeks now. Probably MCU bias

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

54 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

We are not thinking that differently, my guess is 2.7-2.8 legs with Spring break help. I think we just differ on the wording of how we characterize the audience score.

March movies do tend to do great with Spring Break help...and this year, they are staggered from this upcoming week all the way through the week of April 17 b/c Easter is so late this year...gonna have a lot of time to make a lot of money.

It won't drop from theaters in any real way at least til Dr Strange's MOM, no matter how it ultimately opens, with those preview numbers.  There's not enough content coming in the next few weeks...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yeah he’s been downplaying it for weeks now. Probably MCU bias

Just a reminder you can put people on Ignore if you're not a fan of their posts :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

That was never a worry, they let Gunn make peacemaker even though suicide squad bombed

I think peacemaker was already done before the suicide squad premiered, maybe i'm wrong

Edited by SpiderBat

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

He said under 100m a few weeks ago

It'll be closer to under $100M than it will be the chorus of "biggest WB opening ever" from last month. My point is, the numbers have fallen closer to Legion's assessment than further from it. He may have overdone it early on but I recall many saying "$150M is locked" and that was just as wrong. 

Just now, PenguinXXR said:

It'll be closer to under $100M than it will be the chorus of "biggest WB opening ever" from last month. My point is, the numbers have fallen closer to Legion's assessment than further from it. He may have overdone it early on but I recall many saying "$150M is locked" and that was just as wrong. 

Well the people saying 200m were always wrong and a small minority but there is a difference between that and downplaying success

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Well the people saying 200m were always wrong and a small minority but there is a difference between that and downplaying success

Is it downplaying success though? You just mentioned.....

14 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I said under 130m would be bad and damaging for WB/DC.

And it this point there's a very good shot it will come in under $130M. Not saying it definitely will but a lot of our best tracking data is pointing to a sub-$38M true Friday (perhaps even sub-$35M) which would all but lock a number under $130M. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

Is it downplaying success though? You just mentioned.....

And it this point there's a very good shot it will come in under $130M. Not saying it definitely will but a lot of our best tracking data is pointing to a sub-$38M true Friday (perhaps even sub-$35M) which would all but lock a number under $130M. 

What are you talking about? What does this have to do with Legion's bias? Under 130 would be underwhelming, no? That isn't even downplaying. How does this equivocate?