Eric is Quiet

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Some did, some didn’t. Granted, I’m only able to look at ~150-200 theaters, and only a small handful that aren’t already grind (open all day long) went grind for Batman. So I’d say the effect, at least in Canada, was negligible.

Yeah it was just something that popped in my head and made me wonder if Saturday jumps would be slightly more muted as a result. I'm sure it's negligible in the end.

3 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

At this rate only it's digital release can erode it over a 50% drop. 

It should be close to 800M by then.

787M by Sunday

1.6M

4M 13th weekend 793M

3.3M 14th weekend 797M

800M is done deal with the hold this weekend. 

3rd best MCU legs after GOTG 1 and BP! Freaking otherworldly performance by NWH.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

At least I was just let off with a warning :hahaha: 

Not really sure what for tbh, the message didn’t really make sense to me in relation to what I’ve been saying. But I guess they don’t want me to do any comparisons or commentary with the Batman anymore, which should be simple enough. I’ve got 8 sexy late legs to focus on instead now 😍

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

It should be close to 800M by then.

787M by Sunday

1.6M

4M 13th weekend 793M

3.3M 14th weekend 797M

800M is done deal with the hold this weekend. 

3rd best MCU legs after GOTG 1 and BP! Freaking otherworldly performance by NWH.

in raw numbers, over 540M since OW, the best since Avatar

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

39 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Great number if it's 57M, the worst i can say about it is that it's unsurprising since it's doing exactly what trackers are saying for weeks, but still very good. 

FRI jump was pretty good and 120M is basically locked, it can try 130M. 

Reception is very good good, not only fans loved it but GP is also pleased. An A- Cinemascore for this type of movie is excellent, especially considering the more hardcore fans that could inflate the score already watched it earlier. 

Hopefully with such good reception and completely empty month, this can try a 2.8x multiplier and +350M DOM. 

2.8x is quite a big ask for an opening at this level. Most importantly, the second weekend hold have been awful for a lot of tentpoles out there as we constantly see 60% harsh drop. Something we did not see during pre-pandemic. 

But scream 59% and uncharted 47% , and dog 32% second post holiday weekend drop have kind of signal the return to a more closer to pre-pandemic second weekend norm. Something that I am very curious and follow closely for batman if we are indeed moving back to normality 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Random thought but with the Batman opening yesterday did theaters open earlier than usual and just have an additional showtime for holdovers that they wouldn't ordinarily have? Probably wouldn't have amounted to much even if it were true, but shower thoughts.

I think it’s more that there’s nothing to replace holdovers with. Marry Me was the only movie with a bad TC drop, so it’s easier to maintain films that weren’t even filling up the bigger auditoriums in the first place. Uncharted will probably still be in a good majority of theaters come Easter

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

NWH hold is epic

For sure and we can put go rest that legs were only great because of no competition. NWH with a sub 20% drop with a direct hit from Batman, holy shit!!!

• Like 2