Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

I must admit, I'm disgusted :( I expected so much an all-time record this year.Despite this 2012 was a great year for the Russian Box Office, the biggest surprises are :-The Avengers, nobody expected a SH movie being so high, and the good increases for TASM and TDKR showed it's the beginning of a new trend, superheroes have a place in Russia now :)-Twilight BD2 : a 2D movie mainly with a female audience reaching $42m, it's an impressive performance.-John Carter : given the flop in the rest of the world a success there is great, I liked it, unfairly unsuccessful.I will read the books.

Cloud Atlas' performance was the first since Inception to truly give me some faith in the mass audiences here. Well done.

Don't be so elitist :P The Avengers was successful there, and it deserved it, Prometheus did well, TDKR doubled TDK's gross, TASM grossed 22m (SM3 grossed 13m).Ted had a warm welcome too, that's great :D

Don't be so elitist :P The Avengers was successful there, and it deserved it, Prometheus did well, TDKR doubled TDK's gross, TASM grossed 22m (SM3 grossed 13m).Ted had a warm welcome too, that's great :D

Sure but none of those films' grosses was very surprising to me. Even if some, like TA and Ted, overperformed, I could easily see why that happened. CA was much more pleasantly surprising. It was an excellent film that happened to be a crowdpleaser, contrary to Avengers which was a crowdpleaser that also happened to be an excellent film.