Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

who knows

decent amount of ppl  on twitter want to see it

The #s may improve

the reactions are so so so far but it has a blockbuster status so it has a chance to make some more than predicted

Edited by Leyla

With more and more theaters reported MoS was sinking like Titanik. It's not like in US when first you know numbers from East coast and much later from West Coast. Here big theaters report first, mostly from Moscow, IMAX theaters, major theaters from regional centres e.t.c.

Now You Se Me dropped by 54% compared to last Thursday. Should be around 700k.

• Like 2

thx for the info

lol my trying to reassure mos supporters didnt work :D

but again will be waiting the wkend numbers

never really thought abt the process of reporting numbers

pretty interesting

Now You Se Me dropped by 54% compared to last Thursday. Should be around 700k.

btw what's the # of screens for it rn??

in my theater its only showing on 1 screen now :(

Edited by Leyla

i think they're amateurs @ predicting so I wouldn't believe them

http://kinokadr.ru/blog/2013/06/19/3435.shtml

They usually aren't, and even this time I still think expecting over $10m was fairly reasonable. MOS just seriously underperformed.

Or maybe I'm just biased in favor of that site, since I actually write for it.  ;) Including the weekly US box office reports.

They usually aren't, and even this time I still think expecting over $10m was fairly reasonable. MOS just seriously underperformed.

Or maybe I'm just biased in favor of that site, since I actually write for it.  ;) Including the weekly US box office reports.

I kinda agree with this.I was expecting about 20M+ total, so a 10M OW sounds reasonable to me too.

MOS is under-performing a bit base on the numbers reported so far. But it faced competition in MU, so I think the number is still okay, not bad. It's also a big improvement over SR, and that's all that matters.

Not prediction but expectation base on the rising popularity of superhero movies in Russia. 20M+ is around TASM number, which is also a reboot.

But it's okay, 15M total is a gigantic increase from SR.

Not prediction but expectation base on the rising popularity of superhero movies in Russia. 20M+ is around TASM number, which is also a reboot.

But it's okay, 15M total is a gigantic increase from SR.

So why is this considered under performing? I'm confused.

Superman is the most unlikely hero to succeed in Russia. Well, after Captain America of course. The movie is making  money in big cities thanks to young people and fanboys. Zack Snyder and comic book fanboys.

Why couldn't you have told me that a week before?  :P

So why is this considered under performing? I'm confused.

Like I said, I was thinking that 20M is possible cause of rising popularity of superhero movies. But see Juni's post about Superman, guess I was wrong.

1) Movies with strong fanboy activity are always hard to predict

2) The early report with 1700+ screens was misleading. Actual number  dropped to 1400 screens, maybe even less. 

On Rentrak Man of Steel has less theaters than Now You See Me. 

• Like 2

According to preliminary data distribution companies and Rentrak Corp., The top five leaders of the Russian box office for the Thursday, June 20 is as follows:1. "Monsters University" - $ 1,557,0002. "Man of Steel" - $ 1,463,0003. "Now you see me" - $ 436,000

WERE LITTLE FASTER with information Olive Wazowski

Edited by abra

Unfortunately its very hard to go against "official numbers". And sometimes they do not make any sense. That's about a sincere error. There are also many rumors of underreported grosses aka stealing.  

:o  :wacko: