CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I.... Uhhhh...... Hmmmm. What am I missing? Wait, Black Widow? 

PA a bit of an extenuating circumstance, but that double digit drop was rouggggggggh

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eric Legion said:

PA a bit of an extenuating circumstance, but that double digit drop was rouggggggggh

I wonder if Thurs previews are minimising Saturday drops these days due to WOM spreading earlier to Friday. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

8 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I wonder if Thurs previews are minimising Saturday drops these days due to WOM spreading earlier to Friday. 

Not sure a primarily WOM mechanism makes sense — if you have like 1M Th admits instead of 100k, then it’s true Fri will be more hurt by negative WOM but Sat should also be more hurt.  

Pretty confident that higher preview % helps the sat/trFr by deflating the trFr.  Cushioning negative WoM movies sat % relative to olden days, but also boosting positive WoM movies Sat % relative to the olden days.  

4 minutes ago, Eric Legion said:

Not sure a primarily WOM mechanism makes sense — if you have like 1M Th admits instead of 100k, then it’s true Fri will be more hurt by negative WOM but Sat should also be more hurt.  

Pretty confident that higher preview % helps the sat/trFr by deflating the trFr.  Cushioning negative WoM movies sat % relative to olden days, but also boosting positive WoM movies Sat % relative to the olden days.  

confused donald glover GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So deadlines (probably alcohol-influenced, like usual) pure guess of a 17M Friday turns out to be pretty much on point?

Its true what they say. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

I am sad this is gonna underwhelm. Even tho it’s apparently not a good movie, i wanted it to do good for the sake of theaters.

This is not the movie that will safe cinema and theaters in general.

Spoiler

Jurassic World Dominion will be that movie.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

This is not the movie that will safe cinema and theaters in general.

Hide contents

Jurassic World Dominion will be that movie.

spiderman,uncharted,batman and etc have already done that .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

spiderman,uncharted,batman and etc have already done that .

I know, it was a bit of a joke.

No Way Home's insane success in particular id argue restored hope for many theaters.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

We never had consistency even in 2018-19.

Yeah the DOM box office for most of the 2010s was the story of a few movies breaking out massively and thus safing the year for cinemas since most of the other, low and mid-budget movies earned less and less. 

• Thanks 1