CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

7 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

I don't think morbius or dumbledore will be turning a profit

I think Dumbledore will, may not be a huge profit but nowhere near the doom and gloom some think.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

Isn't the budget for Morbius only $75M? Unless nearly two years worth of delays caused the marketing budget to skyrocket and it completely flatlines overseas. I imagine it'll turn a profit for the studio, even if it's not a major one.

So while TLC might still do $100m, so far it's not looking to have one of those very special WOM-runs.

I was hoping for a huge comeback of the genre, but it looks like it's not quite the movie tht might make studios considering reacturing it from Netflix.

I just watched "The Royal Treatment" and gosh, it was quite awful tbh. Quality of those movies already seems to be dropping. Last years "He's all that" was just as horrible with a abysmal script and actors.

Edited by Poseidon

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

So while TLC might still do $100m, so far it's not looking to have one of those very special WOM-runs.

I was hoping for a huge comeback of the genre, but it looks like it's not quite the movie tht might make studios considering reacturing it from Netflix.

I just watched "The Royal Treatment" and gosh, it was quite awful tbh. Quality of those movies already seems to be dropping. 

If it makes $100M+ (or even comes close to it) that's still 3x+ its opening. Impressive staying power in this day and age.

• Like 3

What is the budget for Dumbledore? 200M? No way that turns a profit just with a theatrical release. There is no hype anywhere. Ticket sales are bad.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

How is the sweep going? Give me some parking lot reports for fucks sake.

Old man came in and yelled at me because I wouldn’t refund his parking because he didn’t like Morbius.

• Haha 17

25 minutes ago, CJohn said:

LIES

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What is the budget for Dumbledore? 200M? No way that turns a profit just with a theatrical release. There is no hype anywhere. Ticket sales are bad.

no-idea-you-have-no-idea.gif

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Old man came in and yelled at me because I wouldn’t refund his parking because he didn’t like Morbius.

This is the parking lot report I didn't know I needed.

Edited by CJohn

50 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wow, your business subjects this poor village elder to such hell and you can’t even spring for his parking as an apology? Have a heart ;)