CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

Arent you tired with the word a marvel movie ? to the casual moviegoer its not, however the biggest issue here along with the WOM is the fact that the movie didnt look good in the slightest and after the 1 teaser whatever hype there was died out.

What? I saw lotta people say trailers looked good. 

If there's someone who think this is a Marvel movie... it's the general audience. Cause they don't know. Lotta of them at least 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

and The Bad Guys are looking to be back to back flops.

They really should’ve moved it to March 11th or May 20th when Turning Red and League of Super Pets moved. Much better spots.

I'm saying that I saw a lotta people saying they liked the trailers. Not me. 

This looked awful from day one. And it is awful. And like... reading those Audience reviews on RT it's really weird. Some 5 star reviews feel so scripted and that no matter how bad, that would be posted. I swear some reviews are just Marvel shills just looking to boost it. 

They don't feel real. It's very weird. 

• Knock It Off 1

This was a good weekend at the box office.  A terribly reviewed and roughly 2 year delayed film is going to open up near $40m and other movies held up well.  The Lost City is going to drop 50%, but it really is more in the 40% range given there were 3 days of previews rolled into it.  The Batman and Uncharted continue to perform.  

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once is quickly becoming the first arthouse hit since before the pandemic. Excited to see how it does upon wide release next week.

Multiverses, so hot right now

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Is it just me or has Everything Everywhere sort of stolen X's thunder? 

An indie horror movie with little star power and a smutty premise was always going to be a tough sell to a broad audience. Everything Everywhere actually seems widely appealing between its sci-fi concept and the presence of icon Michelle Yeoh.

• Like 1