BruiseCruise

Weekday Thread ( April 11 - 14) | Father Stu 550K Previews

the-incredibles-syndrome.gif

Yes, Sonic 2’s Sunday to Monday drop is a bit rough but it’s the fourth day and it’s kind of usual for kids movies to have rough Sunday to Monday drops (in terms of April family stuff, The Boss Baby, Jungle Book 2016, Rio 2 all had 77% drops). It’s kind of too soon to determine how it plays until come the upcoming weekend.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

...it's Monday. Kids movies always drop super hard on Monday. Sonic 1 also opened on a holiday weekend, so it naturally had a better Monday. Not sure why we're all super scared and nervous over all this.

Because deep down we are all :sadfleck:Also, we wanted 200M.

Damn, gotta say, kind of dissapointed with this Monday from Sonic

Spoiler

I was hoping for -82 or so. After all, more Mon/sun drop = more kid = better legs ;)

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Astonished 2

2 hours ago, Eevin said:

sonic 2 is holding almost exactly like shazam so far

shazam

14.4 true fri

19.5 sat (+35%)

13.6 sun (-30%)

3 mon (-78%)

sonic 2

20.1 true fri

26.9 sat (+34%)

18.8 sun (-30%)

4.3 mon (-77%)

if that holds it’d be a ~34-35m second weekend (maybe slightly lower due to easter sunday)

Note: Shazam’s second weekend was not Easter. Actually running by some quick math, I’m thinking $33m-$35m. I used Rio 2 as a close comparison.

Edited by YourMother
Wrong mathematics

Yeah, I blame pandemic for making people forget how family films (which is what the demos for this showed in the end) play during the school year. 

Newbies I can understand but the old guard going 😬 is just bad box office memory. 

Should have a very good Thursday/Friday, fall on Saturday and Sunday then liter than normal drop on Monday. I'd aim for 37-38m 4 day taking the holiday play into account then balancing out, maybe, the next week a little. 

• Like 5

As late as Easter is, next weeks numbers may be interesting for comparison with late Spring break. I know a couple posters talked back in March about their districts waiting even with the lateness. 

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Eevin said:

yeah not a great jump at all, 16% is below basically every other comp i can think of. that said, seems like increases today are pretty weak across the board for whatever reason?

I was gonna say, the Tuesday jumps aren't particularly noteworthy for any of the results that have come in. Thinking people are waiting for the holiday weekend rather than seeing anything during the week leading up to it.