baumer

Weekend Actuals (THG 33.1 mill)

Look, we all know that the only reason THG was adapted into a film is because of the previous success of Potter and Twilight movies. That doesn't change the fact that it's vastly superior film.

Not all book adaptations experienced the same fate. It's still about the film.

And yes, shriekofthevulture, you have no idea how much crap Twilight fans have to put up with here. People basically tell me I'm an idiot, stupid, have no taste, moronic, worst taste in film and much more, just because I happen to like Twilight. It's kind of sad but kind of funny as well.

And yet you do the same exact thing you chastise others for.

Look, we all know that the only reason THG was adapted into a film is because of the previous success of Potter and Twilight movies. That doesn't change the fact that it's vastly superior film.

Not all book adaptations experienced the same fate. It's still about the film.

I agree the records and the gross is most impressive, but it doesn't change the fact that they are terrible movies. They arent bad because they are badly made, they are bad because they are based on an absolute abortion of a book series. They never stood a chance unless they were comprehensively re-written to the point of being unrecognizable.

Stuff like this is such retarded vitriol. The books are fantastic reads, just because you don't like them, doesn't mean your opinion of them is shared by others.

And yet you do the same exact thing you chastise others for.

Nope. That's where I draw the line. I don't call you a fucking retard or an idiot because you happen to like something. That's the difference. For some reason, it's okay to say that about people who like Twilight but that never comes out of my mouth.

I can't imagine Baumer's wife reading the TWILIGHT books to their children before every time they go to bed.

My kids are older than some of the members here.

Nope. That's where I draw the line. I don't call you a fucking retard or an idiot because you happen to like something. That's the difference. For some reason, it's okay to say that about people who like Twilight but that never comes out of my mouth.

I saw on Twitter that you retweeted someone mentioning how if you don't like Titanic you don't like movies. Something to that effect anyway. Same thing.

I saw on Twitter that you retweeted someone mentioning how if you don't like Titanic you don't like movies. Something to that effect anyway. Same thing.

Not even close to the same thing.

Really? So any old piece of shit can make 300 mill at the box office, as long as it's a book? Really? Tell that to Stephen King, Tom Clancy, Nick Sparks and hundreds of other authors who's films don't come close to that number.

None of those authors write book for obsessive tweens with immature tastes.

I acknowledge tha the foundation for THG's success is squarely on the shoulders of Potter and Twilight. For me, I ain't hating either franchise (I finally gave the sparkly vampires from Forks a chance over December and... they weren't terrible, they werent' great, but none of these movie really are). Anyway, THG's success is mostly attributed to the success of the book, not necessarily the movie itself. People ran out to see it because they liked the book and since then, the media has helped in recruiting a bit. WOM is decent, but not at levels needed to make a serious run at 400M. Its momentium should put it in the 370s.

We aren't entiely sure about that. I pointed out in another thread that THG and the first Twilight have had nearly identical legs thus far since both their OW's made up around half their total through their third weekend. Twilight had a 5 multiplier from its third weekend on. It was aided by Christmas and New Years but it still had really good legs from that point on regardless.THG could pull off something similar, not a 5 multiplier but perhaps enough off a push to give 400m a run for its money. Twilight had the holidays, THG has a pretty bare marketplace until Avengers comes out. If the fanbase is still growing with more and more people reading the books, it's certainly a possibility.I'd give it around a 5-10% chance of doing it. Right now my trajectory has it ending up around 385m.

Of course it's the same thing. " If someone doesn't like Titanic, I question if they even like movies at all." Therefore, if you don't like Titanic, you have questionable taste.You complain how everyone judges you for loving Twilight, yet you're judging people for not liking Titanic. It's the exact same principle.

Edited by ddddeeee