Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (5/9-12) | Strange 13.6M Monday, 12.6M Tuesday, 9.1M Wednesday, 8.1M Thursday

53 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

MCU was so successful because how casual or east, even something as outrageous as GOTG was simplified. 

Now it's just a comic book coming on screen and believe me majority of audience haven't even read a single Marvel comic me including, we are MCU fans, not Marvel fans. 

I enjoy MCU "MOVIES" and currently not only that's way too much of content overload, I also don't have any idea wtf is going on.

So yes - Comic Book movies can become too much Comicy

current phase 4 is going through a an ordeal of too many cooks in the broth/kitchen. so much is happening esp in the tv shows and its starting to muddle continuity.  loki had lots of contradictions to continuity set up by the infinity saga and sets up its own rules which it then ignores . Actors and acting are still fine but the writing and worldbuilding have started getting.

MCU build its reputation on a consistent well constructed interconnected universe and its starting to sway from that . I see that fiege and team are trying to shake it up in diversifying content but it all feels dis jointed and rushed , i  can see lots of nuggets of good potential storylines but they are figting with too many mandates to come out efficiently.

MOM is my favorite phase 4 movie but even i have to admit i was puzzled at how much it fails to reconcile with wandavision.

MCU s  biggest problem is disney plus.

• Like 2

OT: Since TMobile gave me a free year of Apple TV this week (suggestions for shows/movies?) and already gives me Netflix (mostly) and Paramount Plus (til Nov), I am deciding to drop HBO Max for awhile in July (only so much I can watch this summer).

So, I'm clearing my HBO Max view list.  Last night, I watched Death on the Nile, and I get why it didn't really go anywhere - the movie itself didn't really go anywhere.  It laid there with easy twists you see coming and just drags in the middle (I actually fell asleep and had to go back to the scenes)...

I'd say it's a C+ movie - maybe B- if I'm charitable, just b/c it is a mystery. and those can be hard, even with book material...

2 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

That number is about as real as my girlfriend.

But he could be right anyways. It would be almost in line with CW 9M Wednesday.
I am expecting a slightly better number. Around 9.1M

9 hours ago, Eric Strange said:

Moderation

We have a place where you can talk about the MCU in a general sense over here.

That seems very inconvenient

cant you guys create an always running marvel only thread in the main box office discussion subforum??

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

That seems very inconvenient

cant you guys create an always running marvel only thread in the main box office discussion subforum??

Because that's why the clubs were made. So people can talk about anything about Marvel or other franchises to their heart's content. Maybe it was a poor idea in hindsight to have it in their own little tab away from the boards, but it's not like people can't click on "Clubs" in the top right and kick off a discussion there.

We also already have individual Marvel movie/show threads that typically go into a general Marvel discussion at points, and we have a general Disney thread people can traverse if they just want to talk about the state of the MCU. It is a Disney franchise, so it totally fits.

1 minute ago, Eric Strange said:

Maybe it was a poor idea in hindsight to have it in their own little tab away from the boards,

I think this is pretty clear at this point based on how often you have to have this exact conversation with people 😛    

• Like 1