Eric Loves Rey

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

How is this yet to be fresh certified 76% after 168 reviews? Verified audience score remain good at 92%. I am thinking ~120m finish after disappointing $30m OW debut. If TBG and Superpets managed to gross ~4x from OW, no way it is too much to ask from Elemental. 

• Like 1

Just now, titanic2187 said:

How is this yet to be fresh certified 76% after 168 reviews? Verified audience score remain good at 92%. I am thinking ~120m finish after disappointing $30m OW debut. If TBG and Superpets managed to gross ~4x from OW, no way it is too much to ask from Elemental. 

RT is waiting a little longer these days before certifying films - I think it started back with Wonder Woman 1984. Even if there are few reviews added, I think it shall get tha certification by this coming weekend.

I'm also hoping for great legs for this one, it would be cool if it's discovered while it's still in theaters instead of on Disney+

• Like 2

My concern for the legs on this is that the good reception will change people from "maybe I'll catch this on D+" to "I'll definitely catch this on D+" instead of getting them into the theater. Hope I'm wrong on that but the Disney+ factor is such a drag on these films theatrically.

I'm personally not all that bullish on legs, it'll probably have better ones than Lightyear but it would need pretty solid ones just to crack 100 mil, and I think "pretty solid" is about the best that can be guaranteed with an A cinemascore.

Legs are not going to save this movie. I have not seen it and make no judgement on how good a film it is, but you don't come back from an opening that low. Disney is going to lose a substantial amount on this movie, only question is how much.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Edited by dudalb

16 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Eh, I see this potentially legging out at the moment.

Will all depend on this weekend though.

I believe it will make more than lightyear.

WHich, is, of course meanngless escept as a fanboy bragging point. The film is going to lose The Mouse a lot of money.

This is having a mini-breakout in Korea after a slow start. 2nd Wednesday > OD admits despite ATSV opening today in Korea. 2nd weekend admits in Korea should be higher than ATSV's opening weekend. It also seems to have done extremely well on Mon, Tue in Argentina due to some holidays. Hoping it does well in Europe too as it's yet to open in lot of markets

• Like 3