Eric Loves Rey

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

You think a Pixar movie of all things starting this low will stay above 70%? Seems very unlikely. 

Lightyear started at 60s, then went rotten, then jumped to 88% with 40 reviews, and the stabilized at 74% 

3 hours ago, Bob Train said:

At least Lightyear had a recognizable character. This has nothing. No kids wants to see this.

I think YOU don’t want to see the movie bc i have just read the exact same post in another thread from you. My nephew when we watched the trailer before TLM said she was excited to see Elementals and we’re going to the cinema this weekend 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lor15 said:

I think YOU don’t want to see the movie bc i have just read the exact same post in another thread from you. My nephew when we watched the trailer before TLM said she was excited to see Elementals and we’re going to the cinema this weekend 

I'm still holding on hope for a $40m OW myself.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I'm still holding on hope for a $40m OW myself.

It could very well have a 40M+ OW. There are many signs to have hope:

Presales arent huge (why should they?), but they arent weak either. Original animated films behave different with presales.

Pixar brand is still strong with families.

Animation is recovering.

Flash doesnt look to suck all the air that weekend.

Father's Day boost.

June's strength. Three consecutive weekends with more than solid openings.

Reviews score is recovering after Cannes. Right now, 76% on RT with 34 reviews.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, stripe said:

Reviews score is recovering after Cannes. Right now, 76% on RT with 34 reviews.

What RT score is the highest it can possibly go? I feel like high 80s is still possible(I guess up 90% is also possible in theory), but it's hard to say because of the weird pattern the reviews are coming in... So dik if the harshest critics have already seen it or if they are yet to come

Edited by Youngstar

24 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

What RT score is the highest it can possibly go? I feel like high 80s is still possible(I guess up 90% is also possible in theory), but it's hard to say because of the weird pattern the reviews are coming in... So dik if the harshest critics have already seen it or if they are yet to come

It's staying in the 70s most likely.

Kind of curious how the top critics will go.

29 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

Average score is 6.5. IMHO, that's too low to expect a 90% fresh score. I would say the goal is 85%

18 minutes ago, JWR said:

$40m OW and $400-450M is looking like the best case scenario. 

With a $40 m OW it's probably getting a $120m dom total....

Not sure where the extra $300 million comes from for the WW total. The dollar is strong and Lightyear was a bomb.

Edited by cannastop

14 hours ago, Grebacio said:

Lightyear started at 60s, then went rotten, then jumped to 88% with 40 reviews, and the stabilized at 74% 

Right now Elemental sits at 78% with 36 review, so pretty much is repeating Lightyear's run

The only thing preventing this from being a Lightyear level of disaster is a potentially better OS run, since many countries in Latin America delayed Elemental a week to not compete with the Flash. I dont know if the strategy will work, but we'll have to wait and see.