IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Yep, Universal has a golden streak right now, with 4 releases in the Top5 :)

But later this year, Disney will be back with SW (and maybe IO, not yet sure about that one - the late release will make piracy a serious factor), Sony with Spectre, Constantin with FJG2 ... so Universal might win the year but not have a movie in the Top3 (personally, I think Minions will end up 3rd) - and StudioCanal has a potential 4mil-release with MJ2, too. Fantastic year, 2015!

Yep, Universal has a golden streak right now, with 4 releases in the Top5 :)

But later this year, Disney will be back with SW (and maybe IO, not yet sure about that one - the late release will make piracy a serious factor), Sony with Spectre, Constantin with FJG2 ... so Universal might win the year but not have a movie in the Top3 (personally, I think Minions will end up 3rd) - and StudioCanal has a potential 4mil-release with MJ2, too. Fantastic year, 2015!

It certainly helps overall admissions that this year doesn't have a major soccer event (no World or Euro Cup), unlike 2014.

It certainly helps overall admissions that this year doesn't have a major soccer event (no World or Euro Cup), unlike 2014.

I haven't yet looked at Germany but in Austria, June 2015 was just barely better than 2014 and about 15% down from 2013 ... but Germany is definitely better off this year!

And the first weekend trend for Germany from insidekino.de:

#1: Minions - 575k admissions (-25%)

#2: MMXL - 300k admissions (the first one had just a little more than 400k TOTAL so that's a strong number)

#3/4: And-Man and Kartoffelsalat with 160k each

#5: Unfriended - 120k (-35% - a little disappointing after last week's strong PTA)

• Like 3

And the first weekend trend for Germany from insidekino.de:

#1: Minions - 575k admissions (-25%)

#2: MMXL - 300k admissions (the first one had just a little more than 400k TOTAL so that's a strong number)

#3/4: And-Man and Kartoffelsalat with 160k each

#5: Unfriended - 120k (-35% - a little disappointing after last week's strong PTA)

Terrible for Ant-Man.

Has Minions already beat despicable me 2 in admissions? :)

My money is on FJG 2 missing it. I don't see how the insane success of the first one can be duplicated.

Yes, really has to be good to repeat the success of nr1. And let's not forget Bond - with Skyfall's 7,8mil admissions, expectations are stellar for "Spectre" but remember that neither CR nor QS reached 6mil (QS not even 5) - and Minions might do a bit more than 6mil. And Star Wars - while having a nice vibe - is far from a lock for 6mil, either. PM did it, but Episodes 2 and 3 didn't reach the 6mil (and left a sour aftertaste, even if 3 was the best of the prequesl imho - at least it's the only one I managed to sit through). As I said, 6mil is not easy for any movie, even the next Avatar might drop below that treshold if the story doesn't catch on.

• Like 1

Yes, really has to be good to repeat the success of nr1. And let's not forget Bond - with Skyfall's 7,8mil admissions, expectations are stellar for "Spectre" but remember that neither CR nor QS reached 6mil (QS not even 5) - and Minions might do a bit more than 6mil. And Star Wars - while having a nice vibe - is far from a lock for 6mil, either. PM did it, but Episodes 2 and 3 didn't reach the 6mil (and left a sour aftertaste, even if 3 was the best of the prequesl imho - at least it's the only one I managed to sit through). As I said, 6mil is not easy for any movie, even the next Avatar might drop below that treshold if the story doesn't catch on.

All 3 Hobbitses had 6mill. Germans are true.

I agree, but FJG 2 seems to be the most likely candidate to miss the 6mil mark..  It's definitely not guaranteed for the other two though.