IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

July could be an interesting month, DM3 will obviously be the biggest movie by far. But Spiderman, Dunkirk and Valerian are hard to predict and will probably all flop and could surprise, at least one or two of them :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndustriousAngel said:

final weekend estimates from MarkG on insidekino.de, and it's good news! He upped the estimate for DM3 to 750-825k, very good number; that would mean a total of >4mil admissions is virtually locked and 5-6mil are in play.

Yep weekend range is about right

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aristis said:

July could be an interesting month, DM3 will obviously be the biggest movie by far. But Spiderman, Dunkirk and Valerian are hard to predict and will probably all flop and could surprise, at least one or two of them :)

I think Spider-Man is gonna do quite well (for a CBM at least). It should do around TASM 1 numbers. Dunkirk should also be a hit thanks to Nolan and especially the Setting. Valerian looks like a flop unfortunately.

I think Spider-Man will be a hit and Valerian average. The buzz around Dunkirk is pretty low at the moment but the advertisement will help. Even weeks ago I already saw trailers for it in the theater. I also expect it to have good reviews and it still has several weeks to get more in the focus.

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

what about holddovers

well, they got hurt badly but overall I'd say not worse than expected. Remember that many releases even had an increase last weekend, so this week's drops have to be compared to the weekend before, and then it's not looking so bad.

T5: 110 k admissions (-62% from last weekend, -68% from the weekend before, meaning about 43% drop per week)

Baywatch: 55k (-60% from last weekend, -55% from the weekend before, meaning about 33% drop per week)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

wow, final numbers even better - actuals tomorrow but DM3 seems to have about 850k admissions, that's looking VERY good for 5mil total = strongest movie of the year to date!

Would be the biggest movie in 2 years actually since TFA was the last to do more than 5M (and 4M) admissions...

• Like 1

Most other holdovers also improved a little bit with the Monday update:

Rough Night: 52.5k (-56%) /245k
PotC5: 50k (-56% from last weekend but only - 49% from the penultimate weekend) /2.395M
WW: 42.5/655k
The Mummy: 22.5k/615k

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aristis said:

Would be the biggest movie in 2 years actually since TFA was the last to do more than 5M (and 4M) admissions...

most likely, I suppose not even a single movie reached half of the TFA since TFA grabbed $9m admissions 

2015 was the mega-giant year for german box office, spectre , TFA , minions and local blockbuster Fack 2 are all delivered insane number and many more

I thought 2015 could be the most craziest year for german cinema since 2001 when 3 movie grossed more than 10m admissions on that year