IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

7M admissions mean bigger amount of dollars than ROTK?

Difficult to say. As I observed, at first 2D was offered mostly in the afternoon and on small screens. At my theater the 2D shows by now have the 3rd biggest screen and 8pm and so, although 3D HFR is still the bestseller on the biggest screen, the 2D share rises and rises. My ladyfriend wanted to watch it once more an I consider the 2D option too now that it's on a sensible screen and ausio system :)

Yep, "The Hobbit 1" managed only the 5th biggest 3rd weekend ever in Germany (1st place: HP1 with 120k more). Still excellent numbers after the lukewarm opening. Very good opening week for "Life of Pi". "Jesus liebt mich" with +44% had the biggest increase among adult fare. And "Skyfall" and BD2 stay in the Top10. All things considered, two nearly perfect holiday weeks for theaters, and one more holiday weekend to go B)edit: And "Cloud Atlas" finally managed 1mil admissions on 23rd and is now on its way to hopefully 1.2mil admissions total. They can use every cent! Go watch Cloud Atlas!

Edited by IndustriousAngel

If the 3D share stays the same, I'd say about 5,4mil US$ from Austria atm (last Sunday) and 48milUS$ from Germany. Should cross 70mil in Germany, maybe hit 75 or even 80 (I still believe in 7mil admissions), and 7 to 8mil from Austria with shorter legs here.

According last Sunday report in Hobbit OS thread, Germany was already at 60 million $:

Great result. :D :D :D

Sunday (12/30) Update #2: The latest overseas stats from WB:

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY had another fantastic weekend, grossing $106.5m with approximately 13.7m admissions from nearly 16,600 screens in 62 territories. The holdover drop was a fantastic 12% and we continue to rank #1 for the 3rd straight week across the world, including France, Germany, Spain and the UK. The international cume through Sunday is $464m.

Key Opening:

Australia grossed an outstanding A$18m ($18.6m) from 560 screens and ranked a commanding #1. By comparison, results were:

84% ahead of LOTR 1

27% ahead of LOTR 2

41% ahead of LOTR 3

46% ahead of SKYFALL

43% ahead of AVATAR

19% ahead of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Key market holdovers (Weekend / drop / cume )

Germany (3rd): €12.6m ($16.7m) / +16% /€45.8m ($60m)

UK (3rd): £6.7m ($10.9m) / +12% / £35.8m ($57.7m)

France(3rd): €6.6m ($8.6m) / +23% / €23.8m ($31.2m)

Russia (2nd): Rbl 170m ($5.6m) / -64% / Rbl 835m ($27m)

Spain (3rd): €2.6m ($3.5m) /-28% / €17.2m ($22.4m)

Korea (3rd): Krw 1.9b ($1.7m) / -51% / Krw 21b ($19.5m)

Italy (3rd): €2.6m / $3.4m / par / € $13.7m ($17.9m)

Mexico (3rd): Ps 23m ($1.77m) / -25% / Ps 193m ($15.1m)

Sweden (MGM) (3rd ): Sek 16m / +33% / Sek 98.5m ($14.8m)

Brazil (3rd): R3.7m ($1.8m) / -21% / R28m ($13.4m)

http://www.boxoffice...ion-at-midnight

is it wrong? Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

We'll have to wait for Jan drops, and from now on cheaper weekdays are back and 2D share is rising (at least at my theater) but 90mil would be the goal if it was at 60 by Sunday. With holiday ticket prices that would be about 6,75mil admissions - I'm still hoping for 7 which would lock 90mil even with cheaper tickets.

• Like 1